A Special One

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
I saw a thread celebrating a long owned guitar (as opposed to an NGD), and I thought why not! These guitars deserve to be celebrated as often as possible!

Here’s one I’d like to honor. 1957/2008 Limited McCarty in cranberry, issued in umm 2008. First off the quilt and stain is beautiful, like marble!

But the thing that makes this guitar punch way above its weight class is it’s tone. I don’t know if it’s that particular batch of “Peruvian Mahogany” necks, but this thing sounds so woody and vintage, and I mean even unplugged! An 85 carat vivid flawless pink diamond was unearthed the day this beauty was built:
ZWNrSYI.jpg

FtDWMYd.jpg

IcZv1SI.jpg

Dh2vfGe.jpg

civHzgJ.jpg

ZWNrSYI.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a thread celebrating a long owned guitar (as opposed to an NGD), and I thought why not! These guitars deserve to be celebrated as often as possible!

Here’s one I’d like to honor. 1957/2008 Limited McCarty in cranberry, issued in umm 2008. First off the quilt and stain is beautiful, like marble!

But the thing that makes this guitar punch way above its weight class is it’s tone. I don’t know if it’s that particular batch of “Peruvian Mahogany” necks, but this thing sounds so woody and vintage, and I mean even unplugged! An 85 carat vivid flawless pink diamond was unearthed the day this beauty was built:
ZWNrSYI.jpg

FtDWMYd.jpg

IcZv1SI.jpg

Dh2vfGe.jpg

civHzgJ.jpg

ZWNrSYI.jpg

Beautiful. I had something that year with a Peruvian mahogany neck, too, and thought it sounded spectacular.

ZWNrSYI.jpg

FtDWMYd.jpg

IcZv1SI.jpg

Dh2vfGe.jpg

civHzgJ.jpg

ZWNrSYI.jpg
Very nice! I saw a SC in Blueberry from this run I nearly grabbed last year.

I think there is some mojo with the dark Peruvian hog necks. My Dc594 (avatar pic) has it and there is something seriously magical about that guitar. Madagascar RW board. My McManus Acoustic also has that wood for the neck.

Those guitars are awesome. I've come really close to buying a number of them. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Back