a song you wish you wrote

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
The first song I felt this way about was Crazy as sung by Patsy Cline (I was very little, and hadn't yet learned that my voice wasn't good enough).

The next was Something - while John and Paul seemed to be able to knock out songs, George's always seemed to come from his soul. I think everybody past puberty wished they could have said this as well as he did.

More recently, Memories of Us by Keith Urban - I would have loved to have been creative enough to sing this to my wife on our wedding day.

I wish I'd written any song on Dark Side of the Moon, by Pink Floyd.

Because the album sold over 50 million copies, and as a bonus, I'd enjoy playing any of the tunes.

50 Million copies amounts to an awful lot of mechanical royalties...and throw in the performance royalties, and it'd be a nice, tidy sum. ;)

P.S. Yeah, it's about the money (since I can't imagine a very good reason I'd want to lay claim to someone else's creative product).

Last edited:
My Heart Will Go On by Silly Dijon. Not only is it a great tune but I could probably afford a personal water park like she has at/in her home.

The first two that come to mind are

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
The Downward Spiral influenced me greatly. Still one of my favorite albums of all time. The sounds, the lyrics, the visuals all floor me.

Coldplay - The Scientist
Not a big fan of these guys but this song is so crushingly heaving to me lyrically.

Master of Puppets- Metallica
Soulshine- Gov't Mule(Warren Haynes)
Limelight- Rush
ANYTHING by Led Zeppelin and/or Lynyrd Skynyrd
A ton of metal songs.

Last edited:
Back