A Small Idea Ihave

Cinnamon

So I've been working on a guitar (an Epiphone sg special) by adding a handmade 24 fret neck and It has been sounding great. But I wanted to try something in a more greater level. I decided to use Brian May's "Red Special" for the inspiration. I was thinking of getting myself a PRS SE Custom and changing out the 2 PRS stock pickups to some Burns Tri-sonics and turning the thing from a HH into a SSS config. I don't have much experience in this kind of stuff and I'm not rich at all. its either find a SSS 24 fret guitar or this. I know people said its easier to get a PRS EG but I wanted to create a little something unique, something you can't find at a music store or on google. Again, am I crazy to even attempt this?

Totally this! When you go a head and start it, make sure you post your progress along the way. I'd love to see it!
I'm just making some plans and I'll start this project. I think its something PRS should consider doing actually!!

Huge Brian May fan here...do the research, and then include the 6 switches, and you'll have a tonal monster!!!
I think the biggest thing is to take your time...and enjoy the rewards!!!!!
(And find an old 6-pence...LOLOL)
Good luck.

Huge Brian May fan here...do the research, and then include the 6 switches, and you'll have a tonal monster!!!
I think the biggest thing is to take your time...and enjoy the rewards!!!!!
(And find an old 6-pence...LOLOL)
Good luck.
That’s what I plan to do as well. I always like the sliding switches or whatever there called and barely even see companies incorporate those except the Hagstrom retroscape series.

Back