A simple thank you to PRS (albeit a little long)

alan a

I have played guitar most of my life. I still remember walking into Guitar Center in Boston and hung high right as you entered was an original Dragon. I used to just stare at it while my father played other guitars. I honestly do not know why it took me so long to own one. A child of the 80s I was stuck on floyds and maple necks (I know you offer both). Around the time I turned 30 I decided to finally become a "good" guitarist and signed up for lessons. My instructor has a great collection with PRS dominating the pack. I was amazed every week as he would use them to just nail every style he wanted. When you reintroduced the CE24 my interest was peaked. The maple bolt on neck, pattern thin profile, and 85/15s (best pickups I've tried and the split sounds are just wow) are all close to home. And as Troy (my teacher) told me it was the PRS tremelo that made him realize floyds were unnecessary. I know my guitar is one of your least expensive models (even if the top rivals anything most brands put on their highest) , but I can not get over the quality. I don't think I've been more proud of any purchase in my life. (The matching signature strap is top notch too, as I have a shoulder injury and the guitar is basically weightless) so my really long winded... THANK YOU!!!
image.jpg

Thanks everyone! I definitely see an Archon in my future. I have played all three (P-F) versions of the a typical choice high gain amp for years, but methinks it's time for an upgrade. The guitar deserves it

Thanks everyone! I definitely see an Archon in my future. I have played all three (P-F) versions of the a typical choice high gain amp for years, but methinks it's time for an upgrade. The guitar deserves it
You wouldn't regret an Archon!

Thanks everyone! Played through the big rig with friends for the first time last night. Got nothing but compliments.

I was definitely a long time lurker all the way back to the previous incarnations if the forum. Very nice to see some familiar names posting. Great positive place to share!

Welcome to PRSi Anonymous...we meet here every Friday (and every other day ending in "Y"). Classic guitar, classy thank you post. Enjoy.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on you new guitar. PRS does make some fine instruments. I concur with your thank you to PRS. I love my guitar every time I play it.

Back