A Short Duet for Piano and Alto Flute

I've been working on this from time to time as a solo piano piece, but I decided a warm sounding alto flute would be a nice addition. Flute comes in about 1/3 of the way through.It just kinda worked out best that way.

I like it! Makes me miss composing. I may have to stop working as much overtime and start working on music again.

You know what they say about two musicians playing a piece together...

You either duet, or you don't!

I'll show myself out.

Seriously nice, though. Your use of reverb is always so perfect, and it shows so much when there are only two instruments.

Are those flute samples? I swear I heard a breath in there at 2:28, not in a bad way at all, really gives a realistic feel, just surprising to hear as I assume they're samples.

Last edited:
You know what they say about two musicians playing a piece together...

You either duet, or you don't!

I'll show myself out.

Seriously nice, though. Your use of reverb is always so perfect, and it shows so much when there are only two instruments.

Are those flute samples? I swear I heard a breath in there at 2:28, not in a bad way at all, really gives a realistic feel, just surprising to hear as I assume they're samples.
Yes, those are samples, and the samples were combined with breath sounds and key clicks.

Back