A sad used Hollowbody II

Rusty Chops

Geezer
Dropped into a local guitar store the other day to look for a Joe Pass book, and they had an SE and a Core Used Hollowbody II hanging high.
This place is like a pawn shop btw, and the attitude of the staff reflects that.

After they determined I was a “serious potential buyer” they got the ladder and handed the Hollowbody down, saying that it had been bought New Years ago in that very store (when it was a legitimate music store under different Mgt) and never played.

The headstock # was 1 xxxxx.

Unfortunately only the piezo seemed to be working, not the other circuit. The battery door looked jerry-rigged, like somebody tried to do something inside there.
It was a real PRS, but felt neglected and abused. No bad dings or anything, it just felt kinda “moldy,” if that makes any sense.

No ten top, but decent double bound sunburst flame, finish, and all.

I had a sad. What once was a fine guitar (and still could be with some TLC and electro-repair [which I could probably manage]), was now over priced and not worth it (to me).

Don’t mind rescuing guitars, but not for North of three kilobucks, and besides the place made me feel like taking a shower when I got out of there. Showering is no problem, but taking a bath on a guitar is not in my wheelhouse.

Sometimes you just have to leave well enough alone.
You did the right thing

Yeah thanks.

It’s a heartbreaker.
Started my PRS experience in 2013 when a friend traded with me and I wound up with a Hollowbody I.
So I’ll always have a soft spot in my head for those.
I’m like a retired firehouse Dalmatian. Every time the alarm goes off I start to get antsy.

When I see a used Core, my juices start juicing.

Ugh. But the whole experience felt like emptying a vacuume cleaner bag and having it go South on me! Ugh.

I've been tempted by guitars like that as well. You wish they were in just slightly better condition, but I agree that it's usually best to walk away from those. Kinda like dating that otherwise beautiful girl with issues you just know will eventually become cumbersome.

I've been tempted by guitars like that as well. You wish they were in just slightly better condition, but I agree that it's usually best to walk away from those. Kinda like dating that otherwise beautiful girl with issues you just know will eventually become cumbersome.

I know nothing of what you speak of...I have tangled a time or three with those exact types of girls.
Cumbersome, meh..maybe? To be more specific, I just refer to them as plaintiffs one, two and three. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a pattern of self destructive behavior, either that or I have a defective picker? o_O

Back