A question I probably know the answer to

Slivyr

Hi All!

I bought a used, first generation Mira about a month ago and love it. I was playing it last night and realized that playing anywhere around the first 2 frets is generating a whole bunch of buzz and deadening that wasn't there last week. Before I freak out that I was knowingly sold a Mira with a neck issue, I am going to assume that I should just take it to my local luthier for a set up. Has anyone had experience with this? I tend to use the lower F chord fairly often, so I would think I would have noticed this a lot sooner if it was happening over time, but who knows.

Thanks!
Slivyr

Congrats on the new axe! A lot of times all is needed is a little tweak on the truss rod, if you are not comfortable with that take it to someone who is a pro. The neck might change slightly depending on the weather, humidity, new strings, etc. A pro will be able to tell you pretty quick whats up! If you want to try it yourself:

http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/setup.html

I've got a guy that I've used in the past that does great work. I'll take it to him. Learning at least the basics of guitar setup is on my list of things that I know I have to learn.

+1 on the truss rod twist. I have a Hamer Eclipse that I bought used - played outstandingly in the shop. 3.5 hour drive home later, still good. Next day - nearly unplayable. Took me a couple days to get it dialed in, but it's as good as ever now.

Hold on to that sucker! Now that they've been discontinued, I foresee the Mira's going the way of '54 Strats, '58 Bursts, vintage Landrovers, and PRS dragons!

Of course, it might take 60 years, but mark my words!

I'm willing to keep it for 60 years. So far I love it. I know they've come out with other versions since then, but the originals are kitted the way I like 'em.

I got the guitar back on Friday and had the weekend to play with it. I changed to 10-52s and had a good setup done. What a frickin' awesome guitar!!!!

Back