A PRS Custom 24 Piezo thread

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
DEAR MOTHER OF PIZZA! When in the world did they come out with THIS guitar!?

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/model/custom_24_piezo_2020

p24_hero_large.jpg

CU24 Piezo is a successor to P24 Trem. It came out around 2017.
Here is the milestone of this iezo-equipped solid body PRS:
  1. 2012 : First introduction as P24 in a limited edition form of 250 units made. All 10 top and came equipped with stoptail piezo bridge.
  2. 2013 - 2016 : Changed the model name to P24 Trem which as the name implies, P24 with piezo tremolo bridge
  3. 2017 - current : Changed the name again to Custom 24 Piezo
  4. 2020 : Custom 24 Piezo will be updated with TCI-tuned 85/15 pups, as well as new CAB finish
That's all I can recall.

The thing about these piezo-equipped solid body guitars that I really curious is the body thickness. Some say P24 has McCarty thickness but I don't know it's true or not. And if so, did PRS change the thickness according to Custom 24 model name prefix?

Maybe they're all the same thickness, just changed model name and bridge type?

I emailed this to PRS already but there's no reply though...

ps. photo of P24 ltd. is for attention only :D
prs-p24_eriza_verde_smoke_burst.jpg

My 2017 CU24 piezo (and my 2013 P22 stoptail) is thicker than my 2015 CU24, but doesn't seem quite as thick as my McCarty 594.
Both piezo models are awesome, highly versatile guitars. A lot of times at band practice I only play my CU24 piezo, I can be lazy because it will cover everything in our setlist without having to swap.
Can't speak to how much TCI or the new finish will improve things. I can't imagine it will be so dramatic to make me want to spend big bucks to upgrade.

Edit - my two piezos are on the right.

IMG_6993-XL.jpg

My 2017 CU24 piezo (and my 2013 P22 stoptail) is thicker than my 2015 CU24, but doesn't seem quite as thick as my McCarty 594.
Both piezo models are awesome, highly versatile guitars. A lot of times at band practice I only play my CU24 piezo, I can be lazy because it will cover everything in our setlist without having to swap.
Can't speak to how much TCI or the new finish will improve things. I can't imagine it will be so dramatic to make me want to spend big bucks to upgrade.

IMG_6993-XL.jpg

I love the color of that 30th Anniversary model! (At least in the photo anyway. I dig red guitars but they have always been an elusive color for me.)

IMG_6993-XL.jpg
Oh, that's what I've been waiting to hear for too long. Thanks a lot!!;);)

Back