a nice complimentary pair

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
PRS and Washburn. They sound so different from each other. But they both sound great!

fiddles_by_klbryanphotography_dfrtprf-fullview.jpg

Nice!

I've been so happy with my PS Tonare Acoustic for the last 9+ years that if I wanted a second acoustic, I'd have the PS team make me their other model, the Angelus cutaway.

I've never lived with an acoustic guitar as long as that PS, and every time I open the case I'm excited to play it. It's inspiring.

Seems like an important thing, right?

Unfortunately, I don't get much call for acoustic guitar tracks for some reason. I'd love an excuse to order one!!

Are they USA made?
Nope. The PRS is an SE and the vast majority of Washburns are made overseas. I just landed on the way these two play and sound.

Nice!

I've been so happy with my PS Tonare Acoustic for the last 9+ years that if I wanted a second acoustic, I'd have the PS team make me their other model, the Angelus cutaway.

I've never lived with an acoustic guitar as long as that PS, and every time I open the case I'm excited to play it. It's inspiring.

Seems like an important thing, right?

Unfortunately, I don't get much call for acoustic guitar tracks for some reason. I'd love an excuse to order one!!
Definitely NOT private stock .... But she plays exactly how I need her to and has a sound that is bigger than the body size would lead you to believe. And the wood choice for the back and sides (ovangkol) and ebony board gives it a sound all its own.

The Washburn is a jumbo, but it is heavy on the maple so it isn't as muddy as you would think for a body cavity that large. I like them both.

Nope. The PRS is an SE and the vast majority of Washburns are made overseas. I just landed on the way these two play and sound.

Definitely NOT private stock .... But she plays exactly how I need her to and has a sound that is bigger than the body size would lead you to believe. And the wood choice for the back and sides (ovangkol) and ebony board gives it a sound all its own.

The Washburn is a jumbo, but it is heavy on the maple so it isn't as muddy as you would think for a body cavity that large. I like them both.
I love a maple bodied jumbo; that's why I ordered my PS Tonare in maple, with an ebony fretboard and Adirondack Spruce top; it's a little smaller than jumbo, but not too dissimilar in size from something like a Gibson Small Jumbo.

I'd probably order an Angelus in rosewood or cocobolo; when PRS had a USA Artist grade Tonare in their lineup, I bought one in cocobolo with an ebony fretboard and Adirondack top. Sounded amazing, but I kinda get a hankering for maple jumbos in a dense mix, and that's mostly what I use them for, so I sold it and ordered the PS because to get a maple body that's what I had to do.

It's huge sounding, a cannon of a guitar. Really cuts. I'm guessing your Washburn does that for your tracks.

Here’s my maple guitar:

3mVz6f7.jpg

The only reason I'd order an Angelus instead of another Tonare is simply because it'd be different. I mean, why not?

Last edited:
Back