A new detail about the Al Di Meola Prism I totally missed!

I will say it again GREAT specs on the AL D it was just not my cup of tea color wise the new ones seem to be a big improvement :)

Intro page says Cocobolo fretboard, but the Specs page says ebony. I wonder which is right.

I think it's essentially a McCarty trem with 57/08s and a different fingerboard wood, which has changed over the years, as pointed out above.

I suggested the prism to Mike Deeley a full 2 years before Al made it a reality. Mike said, "that would look terrible, no one would buy that..."

Does it bother anyone else that the colours are in the wrong order for it to be the result of light passing through a real prism?

Probably not; I'm just really picky... :vroam:

Does it bother anyone else that the colours are in the wrong order for it to be the result of light passing through a real prism?

Probably not; I'm just really picky... :vroam:

Actually, this one at Willcutt's looks right. ROYGBIV, yo!

http://willcuttguitars.com/paul-reed-smith/al-di-meola-signature/prs-al-di-meola-10-top-prism-657

209657-2up.jpg

I get an odd sense of satisfaction from looking at that picture. Thanks for that.

I finally got to play one of these beasts. oh dear God in heaven
I have forced myself to dislike this instrument for all I can but I gave in and played it
:box: totally knocked me out :box:

Back