A Man’s Gotta Do...

What is it with these guys? I mean just show up when you feel like it...not to mention whats with the restraining order/ stalking charge?! I was just being sure he remembered where I live and being sure he knew it was NGD! I only speny the noght in his truck twice...it happens to all of us, right?....No? Just me? That's weird.

Somehow I made it through the morning and early afternoon until it arrived, guys! Then I spent the rest of the afternoon playing it through the amps, the pedal rig, and had a hard time putting it down.

What’s there to say that hasn’t already been said about this model?

It sounds great through the amps, the LT 58/15s are obviously secretly made by the guitar gods for PRS, and the Maple neck/Braz fretboard combination on this guitar yield a tone that’s articulate, defined, and yet it still sounds 594 — that’s a good thing, in my book!

I don’t have enough experience with mahogany neck 594s with humbuckers to be able to talk intelligently about the differences between the maple and mahogany. I’ve only played a few for a short time, and my other 594 has Soapbars, so it’s going to sound different, anyway.

As with the 594 Soapbar, I’m addicted to the neck carve, it feels like I’ve been playing it forever. The finish and fit are utterly perfect, and I can’t find one nit to pick anywhere. It’s just a solid, great sounding, great playing, guitar in every conceivable way.

Somehow I made it through the morning and early afternoon until it arrived, guys! Then I spent the rest of the afternoon playing it through the amps, the pedal rig, and had a hard time putting it down

What’s there to say that hasn’t already been said about this model?

It sounds great through the amps, the LT 58/15s are obviously secretly made by the guitar gods for PRS, and the Maple neck/Braz fretboard combination on this guitar yield a tone that’s articulate, defined, and yet it still sounds 594 — that’s a good thing, in my book!

I don’t have enough experience with mahogany neck 594s with humbuckers to be able to talk intelligently about the differences between the maple and mahogany. I’ve only played a few for a short time, and my other 594 has Soapbars, so it’s going to sound different, anyway.

As with the 594 Soapbar, I’m addicted to the neck carve, it feels like I’ve been playing it forever. The finish and fit are utterly perfect, and I can’t find one nit to pick anywhere. It’s just a solid, great sounding, great playing, guitar in every conceivable way.

COOOL!!! CONGRATS!!! Glad you are digging it! One of these is in my top 3 I have to have eventally!

Thanks for the good wishes, guys, it’s such a solid performer that I don’t even have my usual case of the guilties over getting it! :)
We’re here to fix any guilt that might come up
Enjoy it!
Sincerely,
Felllow addict and enabler

Les - did you weigh the trade-offs of maple vs mahogany neck, or did you see the guitar, fall in love and whip out your credit card?

Thanks for the good wishes, guys, it’s such a solid performer that I don’t even have my usual case of the guilties over getting it! :)
Why would you EVER feel guilty for getting a guitar????
She's a beauty Les...enjoy in good health for a long time.

Why would you EVER feel guilty for getting a guitar????

Oh, it’s just that sometimes it’s hard to explain to my wife why the fact that we have to live in a refrigerator box under a bridge has nothing whatsoever to do with my guitar habit. o_O

Les - did you weigh the trade-offs of maple vs mahogany neck, or did you see the guitar, fall in love and whip out your credit card?

It was both! Eyeball fever and brain fart!

I blame it on how much I love the 594 Soapbar. Usually I go with a mahogany neck, but the Soapy has one, as do my other PRSes. I figured it’d be different enough with maple that I could rationalize the purchase nearly convincingly.

Some people don’t want a gloss neck. They claim it slows them down. But I think of it as a wonderful excuse for not being very fast.

“Can I sit in with you guys?”

“Sorry, Les, you won’t be able to keep up with us.”

“It’s not me, it’s this gloss neck.Slows my hand.”

“Oh, well I guess it’s O.K., then. Here’s the chart.”

“Chart? You guys read...uh...charts?”

“Of course, Les. You don’t sight read?”

“Oh...yeah...are you kidding? I read my ass off. Uhm...yeah, too bad my glasses got stolen. Yeah they were stolen. Like, this morning. Can’t get in to see the doc until...I dunno. A while.”

“You’re wearing glasses.”

“Oh, Dude! Haha, these aren’t reading glasses. They’re uh...my...uh...guitar shopping glasses. So...um...what’s that first chord...?”

“B flat 7 sus 4”

“Oh gosh, look at the time! Gotta go! Thanks guys!”

Last edited:
Back