A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing with Covid is blown way out of proportion. It's basically a normal flu and people do get sick and die but many that are dying they say it's Covid when it's really other reasons. The vaccine is the reason they are doing this.

I beg you to stop spreading this mis-information.

You can throw all of the freaking surveys out there that you want too, but here is the one that matters to me. I'm 60 years old and have never lost one person I ever knew to a "flu." I'm now over 15 people I know, who have died from covid. And not your bs excuses for covid. I also am now over 10 people I know who have side effects that may well be for the rest of their lives, and may even eventually be the reason they die even if it is a few years form now. My #1 source of business is a realtor who had the "crystal pneumonia" crap while she had covid, that they know for a fact has done permanent damage to her lungs. She will "probably" die of pneumonia some time when she gets a cold or flu and her lungs can't fight off what the rest of us could. As of now, she's only lost 40% of her lung capacity. Do you have any REAL resources to know what that means?

You REALLY need to get your head out of whatever mind control web site you get your information from's ass, and look around at what is really happening. Here's a quick parting gift for you. My friend who I play guitar with, who thought this was all an overblown "hoax" missed a month of work, and so did his wife. Now, he's working half days because he has no stamina and can't work out in the heat. He might recover 100%, so you morons can somehow say "it's just like any other disease, and he's fine, right?" Well, a family member of his wife, who is younger and healthier than either of them, has a career, and 3 kids AT HOME, is now on in the hospital on a ventilator. The only known trace, is to him and his wife at a family gathering. And that was before my friend even got sick. I pray to God that the ventilator doesn't mean what it usually does, but my friend and his wife are already blaming themselves. If he and his wife heal completely, how do you think they'll feel if her niece doesn't? Wait, never mind. You're so freakin brainwashed that I don't think you could even comprehend this question nor have the comprehension to understand the feeling of blame if it happened too you.

You need to ask yourself a couple questions. 1- the vaccine is free... how can you blame big pharma for this? 2- my doctor showed me his card, that he got vaccinated... so he he got one, and it's free, why would doctors also push this on us if it's because of money. He doesn't get paid for me getting a vaccine, he didn't even give me the damn thing. And it's this way with EVERY single one of your BS theories! Chips? Magnets? I feel sorry for you and anyone else who is falling for the BS you are falling for. When someone close to you has permanent damage to their health, and I still pray that doesn't happen, but WHEN it does, maybe you'll wake the hell up.

Last edited by a moderator:
A brief aside....
All of the formation my brain has received on this Covid-19 subject, from any source, credible or otherwise, gets filtered through all of the other information I have ever received in my 50+ years on this planet. It is as if I mentally measure the validity of the new information I receive against the rest of the information I have ever received and verified to be true and then have some sort of mental checksum going on which validates or invalidates all the new information coming in based on whether it all adds up or not.

So a couple of things I have in the back of my mind through all of this are...

1.) About 20 years ago, a very dear friend of mine (as in someone who changed my life forever and I basically own my life to her kind of a friend) died of "the flu" leaving two young children without their mother and her husband without a lifetime companion. All my life we've always heard that every year people die from the flu or die from the common cold, but that was always "someone else" who you never heard of and the world basically has always ignored these deaths. Her death never made the news and the government never unconstitutionally forced businesses to shut down and destroy people's lives financially. Could I ever be one of those people who catches a cold or a flu and dies? Maybe. So instead of living in fear, I have always just done the best I could do (in a practical manner) to just do my best, be careful, keep my distance from sick people and wash my hands regularly and just let the cards fall where they fall. Her husband and I are still friends to this day.

2.) Another one of my best friends ever, the bass player in my first high school garage band, wound up working in the medical field as (I don't remember the obscure job title) one of those people in the hospital who examines tissue samples under a microscope (I presume) to determine if there are any toxins or disease present. Gross stuff but that totally fit his personality from high school. I'm sure he was great at what he did and in more recent years, he helped me overcome an illness I has for about 9 months, an illness that NONE of my local doctors or even emergency room doctors could figure out how to treat. He very candidly told me that "flu shots" was complete bull$hit, that they were full of useless toxins and that his hospital forced him to keep getting these stupid shots or else loose his job. The last thing we talked about is how he went and got another mandatory flu shot an how afterwards he felt like $hit. Well, now he's dead and he can't weigh in on this subject and possibly refute the statements made by other medical professionals in this thread who like to make blanket statements of condemnation against everyone else who doesn't see things their way.

I don't think it matters what side of the argument anyone takes. I think the only thing that matters is each to their own. Do what you think will keep you safe. And yes, sometimes you have to drive for other people. Sometimes you have to take precautions for others who are not doing their best to act safely and compensate for that in your own path through life.

In some cases, people have ingested ivermectin-containing products purchased without a prescription, including topical formulations and veterinary products. Veterinary formulations intended for use in large animals such as horses, sheep, and cattle (e.g., “sheep drench,” injection formulations, and “pour-on” products for cattle) can be highly concentrated and result in overdoses when used by humans. Animal products may also contain inactive ingredients that have not been evaluated for use in humans. People who take inappropriately high doses of ivermectin above FDA-recommended dosing may experience toxic effects. Clinical effects of ivermectin overdose include gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Overdoses are associated with hypotension and neurologic effects such as decreased consciousness, confusion, hallucinations, seizures, coma, and death. Ivermectin may potentiate the effects of other drugs that cause central nervous system depression such as benzodiazepines and barbiturates.

My response last night was in anger. I apologize for any name calling and generalizations. Hanger18, I have no beef with you or issue with you and I not being in agreement on these things. There is clearly no way, and never will be, to reconcile a disease that can kill people spreading like wildfire vs.
government never unconstitutionally forced businesses to shut down and destroy people's lives financially

I won't delete or further modify my post above. I also won't comment further on this topic in this forum, even if it means needing to leave the forum. I never get mad, and I was so pissed last night I was ready to punch the screen. It seems every time I get bad covid related news, I'm too sensitive afterwards to people who don't want to make any attempt to protect themselves or others from it.

It's time to do what I said previously, and avoid this topic at all costs. NOTHING good can come out of further discussion on this topic, at least for myself. YMMV and you may proceed as you all wish. I again apologize for insults and remarks made in anger. That's not how I act and it's not why I'm here. Moving forward, I PROMISE to do better. I'm sorry! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
My response last night was in anger. I apologize for any name calling and generalizations. Hanger18, I have no beef with you or issue with you and I not being in agreement on these things. There is clearly no way, and never will be, to reconcile a disease that can kill people spreading like wildfire vs.

I won't delete or further modify my post above. I also won't comment further on this topic in this forum, even if it means needing to leave the forum. I never get mad, and I was so pissed last night I was ready to punch the screen. It seems every time I get bad covid related news, I'm too sensitive afterwards to people who don't want to make any attempt to protect themselves or others from it.

It's time to do what I said previously, and avoid this topic at all costs. NOTHING good can come out of further discussion on this topic, at least for myself. YMMV and you may proceed as you all wish. I again apologize for insults and remarks made in anger. That's not how I act and it's not why I'm here. Moving forward, I PROMISE to do better. I'm sorry! :(

Do not apologise my man. I did and will never do it in this tread again. These fuckers have to be shaken up and confronted. During my 19 years as a paramedic I cried twice - one was a covid job where I could do nothing than being in my air powered hood, blasting the oxygen and going on blues to the nearest ED holding my patients hand. Everything I tried or did before did no difference.

Reason people are dying is a bunch of selfish fucks unable to follow simple rules, period.

Also - there is no thing as "simple flu". I really can't be bother explaining this further

It wasn't a low shot at all. You have had the vaccine. It is about 80% effective against the original. It is at most 30% effective against Delta. I have natural antibodies. They are 100% effective against the original and still undetermined but certainly better than 30% effective against the Delta. Yours will wear off within 6 months. Mine will still be effective for at least 18 months that they know of (sampling people who have had covid from Jan 2020). I'm just reporting the science.
I respect your position, and thoughts. But, c'mon, that 30% number is not correct. The info I saw, that mentioned 30%, stated that 35% efficacy against Delta after the FIRST shot, not after both. That was the Pfizer jab. Also mentioned was that the Moderna may be more effective against Delta than it was against the first form of the virus. Either way, they do work, and are doing what they are supposed. That's why the Danish govt will no longer consider Covid a "socially critical disease." They are removing all protocols on Sept 10, with the exception of Entry Protocols. Of course, they are doing this because more than 80% of their population, over the age of 12, has been fully vacinated.

All things considered, I'd still like to have an adult beverage with ya!

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...-the-delta-variant#Vaccines-vs.-Delta-variant

Do not apologise my man.
I just really want to get along and for this to be a fun place to hang with each other. Topics like this get people who would probably get along great in real life, hating each other and slinging insults at each other, and that is not something I want to be part of. I come here for fun and guitar/music discussion. Not to fight or argue. Like I said previously, I was in one forum that went from EVERYONE being such good friends that people came from all over the country to spend a weekend together jamming and socializing, to just a few years later almost nobody in that forum even talks to more than one or two of the other guys any more. It IMPLODED over politics and religion threads. I don't want things like that to happen here. I didn't want to be the one to do this, but I think I'm going to ask a mod to lock this thread down so it can go away.

This thread was closed for obvious reasons.

It's my thought that it be left up for a day or so, so that those involved can see it's been closed. Then, I nuke it from space... It's the only way to be sure...

Any attempt to resume the current conversation will result in a IMMEDIATE vacation. NO WARNING GIVEN...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back