A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a sundog, right? I recall a story where Constantine, the Roman emperor, saw one of these before the Milvian Bridge battle. He took it is a divine sign of victory.

Yep. I was really close to it and could only see two (at first). While I was studying it, I thought that it might be something similar to that halo effect you sometimes see with the moon or something and so I started trying to see past the trees to the far left and right of where I was and found a third sun but it wasn't as bright as the "two" that I was looking at.

O my, I keep coming to this thread for a chuckle every day.

Logic dictates that if you rule out everything, what remains - however unlikely - must be the truth (or was that Sherlock Holmes).

I believe that thought exercise is named Ockham's Razor. It does work...

Oh God....Wisdom of Clashcityrocker: It is pretty wild. I've probably gotten into it in the last 5 years or so. Basically for me I'm finding the rotating globe in space theory isn't true. I don't have all the answers, I'm still learning about it.

No, no, no....you said you know these claims are true, not "im still learning". You dont get to promote nonsense and then go "Im just learning, I dont have all the answers". You have been so self confident, now you want to play novice? Bulls#!t.

Double your misery...Word of Wisdom from He Who Shall Not Be Named - Even Neil Dagrasse Tyson says he thinks the earth is pear shaped because of the spinning earth... up by the north pole you should feel lighter because there isn't the rate of spin at the equator.

Neil could have chosen a better comparison. If we are gonna stick with fruit, The Earth is more like a slightly squished orange. It has a slight bulge at the equator. It's not visible in photos because the rotation is not that intense. Again, its one rotation a day. My granny spins faster in her grave. Saturn is an example of a more intense spin, and you can see it's much fatter at its equator. Also, why should you feel lighter at the poles exactly? In actuality, you weigh a nominal amount more at the poles, but the real question is what is the thing that gives us the feel of weight in the first place? *hint* starts with the letter "G".

I dont wanna do this anymore....Words of.....whatever by that dummy - I've been to Phoenix Arizona all the way to Tacoma, Philadelphia, Atlanta La. Northern California where the girls are warmer just to hear my pretty baby play.....

Don't defile the sweet geographile poetry of Steve Miller.
Neil Dagrasse Yyson is a fruit. You have no idea what gravity is. Steve Miller knows more about the cosmos than you ever will. Too bad.

Oh God....Wisdom of Clashcityrocker: It is pretty wild. I've probably gotten into it in the last 5 years or so. Basically for me I'm finding the rotating globe in space theory isn't true. I don't have all the answers, I'm still learning about it.

No, no, no....you said you know these claims are true, not "im still learning". You dont get to promote nonsense and then go "Im just learning, I dont have all the answers". You have been so self confident, now you want to play novice? Bulls#!t.

Double your misery...Word of Wisdom from He Who Shall Not Be Named - Even Neil Dagrasse Tyson says he thinks the earth is pear shaped because of the spinning earth... up by the north pole you should feel lighter because there isn't the rate of spin at the equator.

Neil could have chosen a better comparison. If we are gonna stick with fruit, The Earth is more like a slightly squished orange. It has a slight bulge at the equator. It's not visible in photos because the rotation is not that intense. Again, its one rotation a day. My granny spins faster in her grave. Saturn is an example of a more intense spin, and you can see it's much fatter at its equator. Also, why should you feel lighter at the poles exactly? In actuality, you weigh a nominal amount more at the poles, but the real question is what is the thing that gives us the feel of weight in the first place? *hint* starts with the letter "G".

I dont wanna do this anymore....Words of.....whatever by that dummy - I've been to Phoenix Arizona all the way to Tacoma, Philadelphia, Atlanta La. Northern California where the girls are warmer just to hear my pretty baby play.....

Don't defile the sweet geographile poetry of Steve Miller.
It's comforting to know that I know so much and you know so little. You can't even come close to my knowledge. Ha Ha Ha.

C'mon, VB...I tried to break it up a few pages ago (by calling the All-That-Is-Sacred "PIE"!!!!!!!!!) , and yet...here we are.
Holy crap...whichever camp you're in, enjoy it...maybe have some S'mores while you're there.

Ok, this has run for quite a while and mostly gone in the same circle over and over. I’d like to request that the people who can think for them self bow out and leave the thread as the garbage bin for the ludicrous.

You can decide for yourself which camp you fit in.
Pretty much. This thread is driving me to drink. I think its time to go sailin. Im out.

Ok, this has run for quite a while and mostly gone in the same circle over and over. I’d like to request that the people who can think for them self bow out and leave the thread as the garbage bin for the ludicrous.

You can decide for yourself which camp you fit in.
But Mom!!!!

When will we start getting into those multistep arithmetic problems that took Facebook by storm and are now showing up on t-shirts?

At the gentlemans request, I will no longer be posting in this thread. I mean, after this one. He's right as usual. Enough is enough. I think it's time to let it fade away.

I do however reserve the right to make comments under my breath if the thread continues. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back