A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoth the ClashCityRaven: "No I don't think I'm better or smarter than anyone else. Well maybe a few clowns on this forum....What kind of sense does an atmosphere next to a supposed vacuum make? No kind of physics that I've ever heard of"

You mean the "clowns" who are actually calling you on your claims, right? Your honor, I rest my case.

As to the atmospheric pressure thing, we have been over this. Has it occured to you that the "physics" you have heard of isnt real physics but the ramblings of nutters? A question: does air thin out the higher in altitude you are within the atmosphere?

Damn.... I somehow missed all of this.

Get your shots, folks. Forget your personal health/reasons for one second. The long term consequences to our society and economy if this morphs into a really deadly variant are too dire to even try to comprehend or convey. Watch the movie "Contagion". It's not all that inaccurate to what our life would look like if a real whopper of a virus spread around the globe. Each subsequent variant of covid now has been more of a concern. If people don't get the vax and this thing isn't forced into submission and left to burn itself out, then we could face a variant that will make you wish you did more earlier.

It doesn't work that way. Let's say for the sake of argument that YOU get the shot and YOU wear the mask and YOU are actually protected, then what do you care if those who don't get the vaccine perish as a result of their decision not to get the vaccine? Do what YOU think is best for YOU and afford others the same freedom to make their own decisions about their own health just as you did.

Quoth the ClashCityRaven: "No I don't think I'm better or smarter than anyone else. Well maybe a few clowns on this forum....What kind of sense does an atmosphere next to a supposed vacuum make? No kind of physics that I've ever heard of"

You mean the "clowns" who are actually calling you on your claims, right? Your honor, I rest my case.

As to the atmospheric pressure thing, we have been over this. Has it occured to you that the "physics" you have heard of isnt real physics but the ramblings of nutters? A question: does air thin out the higher in altitude you are within the atmosphere?
Yes I suppose the air does thin out at altitude. But a vacuum would suck all the air into space. So how would a rocket get into space when it is pushing off of air to propel it? Hint: It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. That's why Bozo Bezos and Branson just go up high in the atmosphere then free fall and pretend they are weightless. Then the rocket booster lands back on the ground? lol.

It doesn't work that way. Let's say for the sake of argument that YOU get the shot and YOU wear the mask and YOU are actually protected, then what do you care if those who don't get the vaccine perish as a result of their decision not to get the vaccine? Do what YOU think is best for YOU and afford others the same freedom to make their own decisions about their own health just as you did.
Respectfully I sorta disagree. While yes, allowing people to make their own choices is virtuous and I think you really need to know what you are putting in your body before you do it, people do not often know what is truly good for their own health, and this disconnect has far reaching repercussions that affect more than just them alone. Vaccinations are not perfect and sometimes require boosters, leaving lapses where people who were protected may not be anymore or poeple who may chose not to get a booster and therefore susceptible to infection by those who chose not to get anything to begin with. Further, unvaccinated individuals are essentially walking petri dishes and in their bodies the virus will mutate into new variants, some of which may potentially be immune to a current vaccine. Polio was eradicated because a vast majority of the populace was vaccinated, and it became the norm, as a preventative measure, to vaccinate children before it could take hold again. That is all to say, we are not separate little islands where the choices we make have no influence over one another, we are all part of a larger construct whether we like it or not.

In the song Freewill by Rush, the lyrics go "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice". While that holds true, to me it is folly to think that the act of choosing to not choose can only result in a benign outcome.

The problem is they are starting to make it mandatory to get it. Even firing people from their jobs like the Vikings asst. coach who got fired. They will have some lawsuits on their hands.

The atmosphere is a gas. Gas is matter. The gravity of this planet is strong enough to hold the gaseous matter.
I think believing "gravity" is stronger than a vacuum is defies the laws of physics. I don't believe gravity is coming from metal in the center of the earth as it is said to be. It's something else like that's just the law of nature on our "earth" It was setup that way so everything wouldn't be floating around.

The problem is they are starting to make it mandatory to get it. Even firing people from their jobs like the Vikings asst. coach who got fired. They will have some lawsuits on their hands.

Any lawsuits will be quick to be thrown out . You aren't being forced against your will to take the vaccine. You are being given a choice. Take the vaccine if you want to work at a particular company, or find a company that doesn't mandate it. Companies are well within their rights to set reasonable standards for employment.

Any lawsuits will be quick to be thrown out . You aren't being forced against your will to take the vaccine. You are being given a choice. Take the vaccine if you want to work at a particular company, or find a company that doesn't mandate it. Companies are well within their rights to set reasonable standards for employment.

Oh for goodness' sake we agree again.

What is the world coming to?

Time once again for Wisdom of Clashcityrocker: "I think believing "gravity" is stronger than a vacuum is defies the laws of physics. I don't believe gravity is coming from metal in the center of the earth as it is said to be. It's something else like that's just the law of nature on our "earth" It was setup that way so everything wouldn't be floating around."

What you have just said is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Everyone is dumber now for having read it.

Im not fully convinced anymore you buy this stuff. Im beginning to lean towards a poseur.

Time once again for Wisdom of Clashcityrocker: "I think believing "gravity" is stronger than a vacuum is defies the laws of physics. I don't believe gravity is coming from metal in the center of the earth as it is said to be. It's something else like that's just the law of nature on our "earth" It was setup that way so everything wouldn't be floating around."

What you have just said is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Everyone is dumber now for having read it.

Im not fully convinced anymore you buy this stuff. Im beginning to lean towards a poseur.
A vacuum would suck everything on earth out to space. poseur? lol I've offered more proof in this thread than the big 3 networks combined.

Wisdom of Clashcityrocker - "A vacuum would suck everything on earth out to space."

So...you mean like in Spaceballs? Like this?
space-vacuum-spaceballs.jpg

D5yRnbxAK69ExtAcA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back