A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to invite one of the antivaxers from this tread to work with me at the ambulances. One shift and you would shut the **** up in minutes
Ok, I'm not an anti-vaxer. I've gotten a flu shot for years. But I didn't get the Covid vaccine and I still think not getting it was the right decision.

But I'd like to know what makes you think watching the trauma of a night in an ambulance is going to teach me a lesson? The vaccine has nothing to do with ambulances. Sure you might pick up someone who is in respiratory distress from Covid, but the problem is they didn't seek help sooner. I got help the second day I had a cough. I've had blood clots in my lungs that killed off a portion of my lung capacity and I still had no problem getting through the recovery period. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I was never in serious danger.

So what am I supposed to shut up from? magnets and dementia? I'm right there with you, but those aren't real Anti-vaxers. Those that believe those videos are just wanting someone to confirm their already formulated biases. Real Anti-vaxers have some scientific data to support their conclusions. It may or may not be proven science, but it is interesting enough to say its plausible. None of it is confirmed or disproven, by a gruesome night with my daughter and her EMT team.

It's not scientific data if it's not proven, it's hearsay, speculation, and lies.
Sorry but there are many things in science that are theorized and even assumed but not proven. Science has not learned everything and never will. Everything is tested and data taken and they try to make sense of what the data is telling them. I know how this is because I work with data every day. One can make sound inferences, proving is a much loftier goal.

As for the subject of vaccines and data, they do blind trials with placebo on a few thousand people to try to tell them if one is safe and effective. They can get very good results this way but there is a small percentage of severe reactions to almost every vaccine. They call them RPM/CPM (Reactions per million, or cases per million). Even the polio vaccine that saved millions from the disease has about 1 in 6.5 million that have severe reactions, contract polio, and even die from the shot. It's simply a fact. They just say that it is worth the few emergency room visits and even the few deaths to save so many thousands from the debilitating disease. And they are right, but that doesn't mean the reactions aren't happening.

Your daughter and her EMT team is either lucky or you are top notch lier. Trauma? I miss trauma! Covid 19 and secondary complications is what I do most days, did yesterday, will most likely do tonight. I'm glad you made it from covid, some of my patients did not - I lost few friends at work too so please, shut the **** up

Your daughter and her EMT team is either lucky or you are top notch lier. Trauma? I miss trauma! Covid 19 and secondary complications is what I do most days, did yesterday, will most likely do tonight. I'm glad you made it from covid, some of my patients did not - I lost few friends at work too so please, shut the **** up
While I don't appreciate being called a liar, I can tell that you are really affected by the numbers you are seeing and I can appreciate how hard it is to see day in and day out. I have also lost a friend to Covid. My wife is even more susceptible to the risk than I was as she has Arrhythmia. I don't view this as a game. This is real and it is potentially deadly. But, I have had a dozen friends and relatives, as well as myself, contract the disease and 1 has died. And he had co-morbidities even more severe than I did. You speak of secondary complications, those may be brought on by the co-morbidities.

I have not downplayed how devastating the disease has been. I am just saying the vaccine is not a magic fix. It helps, but it comes with downsides and unknowns. I am not willing to trust my health to the unknowns. I got Covid and I survived it pretty well, due in large part to finding a doctor that was willing to use a treatment that is being suppressed. That Science and data collection we talked about earlier "proves" it (I would say the data are clear that Ivermectin works well). If doctors would prescribe it early in the treatment, they would see the benefit. It doesn't help by the time you are called in, but if administered within the first few days of the illness, it can prevent you from ever being called.

I would love to invite one of the antivaxers from this tread to work with me at the ambulances. One shift and you would shut the **** up in minutes
my clients who are doctors and nurses all agree. Oh, and we lost another close friend last week, to this "normal seasonal virus." Two months on a ventilator, finally passed away. So once again, never lost anyone I even knew to seasonal flu, well into double figures now for people I know who died from covid. Some hoax. :rolleyes:

I lost it and I apologise. Loosing my **** is not my style. I will leave my opinion to myself from now on. I generally like people and hate pointless arguing. In last year and a half I seen best and worst of people so my **** filter moved up to just after the ear membrane and I do my best to control myself. I had both of my shots and I'm well, have my regular flu jabs yearly too. It cranks my balls as - as much as I don't know you @AP515 and I do not put you in the same bucket I came accross people who buy crack from toothless bum same are totally against high tech jab developed by world finest brains... go figure.

For my own health sake, I won't be visiting this tread any more

I lost it and I apologise. Loosing my **** is not my style. I will leave my opinion to myself from now on. I generally like people and hate pointless arguing. In last year and a half I seen best and worst of people so my **** filter moved up to just after the ear membrane and I do my best to control myself. I had both of my shots and I'm well, have my regular flu jabs yearly too. It cranks my balls as - as much as I don't know you @AP515 and I do not put you in the same bucket I came accross people who buy crack from toothless bum same are totally against high tech jab developed by world finest brains... go figure.

For my own health sake, I won't be visiting this tread any more
This is a good thread to ignore if you have a low tolerance for absurd claims.

But, in my opinion @AP515 isn’t part of the problem. He makes his decisions differently than I do in some cases, but he makes his decisions based on data I would consider when making my own decisions.

I’m glad we still have a strong medical team looking after us. I’m also glad that enough people are getting vaccinated to reduce the risk in the general population.

This is a good thread to ignore if you have a low tolerance for absurd claims.

But, in my opinion @AP515 isn’t part of the problem. He makes his decisions differently than I do in some cases, but he makes his decisions based on data I would consider when making my own decisions.

I’m glad we still have a strong medical team looking after us. I’m also glad that enough people are getting vaccinated to reduce the risk in the general population.

I wouldn't say strong. Morale varies - especially on friday nights

I feel for you.
At the risk of quibbling, I believe there is a strength that keeps you going when you would just as soon not.
Know that most people care and appreciate that.

Yeah man, I love my job. Been doing this 18 years for a reason - just the reasons are difficult to remember sometimes. I could be a dentist you know, having weekends off, taking kids on holidays when I want to. I'm trying to show strong morale outside, other than usual frontline work I do student support - you know, last thing they need is me being sorry ass.

Yeah man, I love my job. Been doing this 18 years for a reason - just the reasons are difficult to remember sometimes. I could be a dentist you know, having weekends off, taking kids on holidays when I want to. I'm trying to show strong morale outside, other than usual frontline work I do student support - you know, last thing they need is me being sorry ass.

I totally sympathise with your level of tolerance in this matter.

I too have dealt with 18 months of the issues that arise with the situation we all find ourselves in. Not to the level you have, however I too am an emergency worker and understand the difficulties we’ve all faced.

I know it isn’t something we say regularly in this country, but thank you for your service.

I too have lost a very good friend during this time and sensitivity is sometimes difficult to control.

I’ve refrained from commenting on this thread because perpetuating the comments is taking us all away from our love of guitars and music, which is the thing that should be keeping us all sane at the moment.

Whatever people’s opinions are, I think what started as a thread about various reactions to the vaccine has turned into something that made me ignore this thread, after initially commenting.

Hope all is well with you and enjoy your guitar playing.

I totally sympathise with your level of tolerance in this matter.

I too have dealt with 18 months of the issues that arise with the situation we all find ourselves in. Not to the level you have, however I too am an emergency worker and understand the difficulties we’ve all faced.

I know it isn’t something we say regularly in this country, but thank you for your service.

I too have lost a very good friend during this time and sensitivity is sometimes difficult to control.

I’ve refrained from commenting on this thread because perpetuating the comments is taking us all away from our love of guitars and music, which is the thing that should be keeping us all sane at the moment.

Whatever people’s opinions are, I think what started as a thread about various reactions to the vaccine has turned into something that made me ignore this thread, after initially commenting.

Hope all is well with you and enjoy your guitar playing.

Stay safe brother. Are you practicing in the UK? Things are getting a bit tense in my area. Just queuing outside hospital with 5 trucks ahead. Luckily my patient is stable.

Guitar playing keeps me sane and happy. Both my PRSs are joy to play on and to look at :)

Stay safe brother. Are you practicing in the UK? Things are getting a bit tense in my area. Just queuing outside hospital with 5 trucks ahead. Luckily my patient is stable.

Guitar playing keeps me sane and happy. Both my PRSs are joy to play on and to look at :)

Thank you!

I’m in a different area of emergency services. But challenging none the less.

I hope your shift goes smoothly and you’re seen soon.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back