A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree you are smarter than me in math. No fight there.
Its not about being smarter in a subject, its about being humble enough to recognize you dont know anything about a subject. You want to argue concepts you dont understand, demonstrate no understanding or humility, yet feign to know with certainty. I think I speak for everyone here when I say "get lost".

Its not about being smarter in a subject, its about being humble enough to recognize you dont know anything about a subject. You want to argue concepts you dont understand, demonstrate no understanding or humility, yet feign to know with certainty. I think I speak for everyone here when I say "get lost".
Oh brother....Answer that airplane question. That's what has you so mad huh? You don't tell me Anywhere to go. You seem to be lost buddy.:eek:

Funny that you bring that up. Before Covid I traveled to Beijing a couple times a year. From North Carolina it's about a 16 hour flight. Sometimes across Alaska and Russia before dropping back down into Beijing. Sometimes straight over the North Pole and down into Mongolia and China. I'll tell you why later.

So why is it about the same time of flight whether one is coming or going? It isn't. By your logic it should take longer to fly back home because if the world is really turning, and since the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, the earth would have to me turning from west to east (and it is). So it should take longer to fly back to North Carolina from west to east. But it is actually faster to travel home than to Beijing. The exact opposite of your logic. Why? The Jet Stream. Get up in those winds and they push the plane to the east. And now why do we sometimes go straight over the pole instead of Alaska? Same reason. If the Jet Stream is too strong it doesn't make sense to fly into that headwind. They fly over the pole to avoid the Jet Stream. On the way home they use the Jet Stream to push the plane all the way home. Uses less fuel.
I referenced this without the detail in an earlier post. Nicely done! The shortest distance between two points on Earth is a great circle route. This is easily illustrated with a string between two distant points on a globe (yes, a globe). If you pulled up a computerized flight plan with absolutely no enroute wind, you would still see both course and heading constantly changing. That said, it’s still a long ride back from Beijing. I still have certain content ignored, so God only knows what was posted to prompt your response.

Well, you missed the flat earth nacho party, a math exam, Chinese CGI, and a bunch of space denial. Other than that, not much. How was your vacation?
Vacation was good. Thanks for asking. Lots of outdoor time, which I needed. The only bad thing was that I didn’t play guitar for 8 days.

Do people still talk about guitar here?

I referenced this without the detail in an earlier post. Nicely done! The shortest distance between two points on Earth is a great circle route. This is easily illustrated with a string between two distant points on a globe (yes, a globe). If you pulled up a computerized flight plan with absolutely no enroute wind, you would still see both course and heading constantly changing. That said, it’s still a long ride back from Beijing. I still have certain content ignored, so God only knows what was posted to prompt your response.
I'm factoring the rotation of the earth which is said to be 700-1000 mph depending on where you are. Heading into that rotation wind has to happen correct? Then going with the rotation of the earth you would a 700-1000 mph behind you. A plane is moving, it's not floating in the air.

I'm factoring the rotation of the earth which is said to be 700-1000 mph depending on where you are. Heading into that rotation wind has to happen correct? Then going with the rotation of the earth you would a 700-1000 mph behind you. A plane is moving, it's not floating in the air.
No. You don't believe in gravity.

So...if all the science people ignored the conspiracy/truth people and all the conspiracy/truth people blocked the science people...could we talk about pie, or guitars, or something.
The science has huge problems that they won't address.

You dont even know how many rotations the Earth makes in a day.

Btw, fir any bystander reading some our comments, hit that "show ignored content" tab otherwise this wont make any sense. Fair warning though, get ready for facepalming yourself to death.

You dont even know how many rotations the Earth makes in a day.

Btw, fir any bystander reading some our comments, hit that "show ignored content" tab otherwise this wont make any sense. Fair warning though, get ready for facepalming yourself to death.
Hey I'm following the official model. See when you are discussing something and the other person changes the subject or attacks you personally. That means they lost the argument and it's time to move on.

Pie for you.

o.jpg

o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back