A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
High school physics? That’s tough stuff.

High School? Psht. Elementary level students could probably explain why space isn't hot. I forgot to mention, the same principle of heat conductivity retardation can be proven with a Yeti cup. They work because there is a vacuum between the inner and outer shells of the cup, keeping heat from radiating out or entering in.

What gas?
It’s a freakin’ TESLA!:p:D
There’s a REALLY long extension cord…
Oh, I thought it was solar! I was referring to DB being out of gas! Tried a joke with too many levels I believe. Suffice it to say, when I wrote that, I was aware that it was an electric car ;~)) Anyway, just tryin' to keep the laughs rollin' in this thread (as are you)!!!

Happy space travels!
MW

Last edited:
Oh, I thought it was solar! I was referring to DB being out of gas! Tried a joke with too many levels I believe. Suffice it to say, when I wrote that, I was aware that it was an electric car ;~)) Anyway, just tryin' to keep the laughs rollin' in this thread (as are you)!!!

Happy space travels!
MW
Bowie has been out of gas since 2016…

A world full of deception. If it's full of deception then many will have to be deceived right. I was, I'm sure you are too. We hear a lot about flat earthers these days. Pretty funny when you first hear about it right? Many of these FEs are very intelligent people so what is up with that? Are they insane or gullible? I wouldn't say I'm a FE because I've never seen the earth from high enough to make a judgment. I have seen cameras that pick up objects that should be hidden from a curve many miles away. So there's that. The following 2 points will shock you. I'm not trying to convince you or debate you. You have to do the work yourself. The info is all available to you, all you have to do is research it.

1. Space is fake. I'm sure that might make you mad but why? You've never been there and you will never go there. The idea that a vacuum could be next to an atmosphere and not suck all of it into space defies any laws of physics on our realm. What about rockets going up by thrust then it gets into a vacuum? What is it thrusting off of then? Nothing. Defies physics. The space programs for all countries are being faked that's why one won't call out the other. Now China just landed a rover on Mars. That was funny to watch. So fake. I'm sure they have good people at Nasa but I doubt if they are all in on it. I could go on and on with evidence but it is out there so go look yourself.

2. The earth is motionless and not spinning in space. That's right, we aren't travelling through space along with other planets, galaxies, black holes and what not. The sun, moon stars are all travelling around us. We are the center of our "universe" Just as the way it seems in real life. Think of this. You are in a plane flying one direction, the earth is "supposedly" spinning like 700-100 mph. Wouldn't one direction you would face winds of high speed where if you went in the opposite direction you would be moving with the rotation it would be at much less speed? You don't get that on a flight do you? Plus if you were landing a plane from north to south the runway would be moving at 700 -1000 mph. Not easy to land. The whole solar system model is nonsense but taught to kids at a young age so they never question it.

There is many people getting to know this info and they are as smart or smarter than you. You can get mad, make fun or get your panties in a wad but it really doesn't matter because it's not about you and it's not about me.

Did you know vaccine passports have been a thing for a very long time? I have 2. One dates back to 1967 the year I was born. As an Air Force Brat, we traveled all over the world. The little yellow book was isdued by the US Dept of Health, and has a record of all my vaccinations as a child. The second one was issued when I joined the military in tthe 80's.

Yes I've got one for work, have all the jabs going. I got picked up off the floor when I got my first round, for going to West Africa- would you believe 6 in one go, still don't like needles.

I'm waiting on countries accepting the proof of full covid vac. for entry without quarantine. Its happening but slowwwwly

A world full of deception. If it's full of deception then many will have to be deceived right. I was, I'm sure you are too. We hear a lot about flat earthers these days. Pretty funny when you first hear about it right? Many of these FEs are very intelligent people so what is up with that? Are they insane or gullible? I wouldn't say I'm a FE because I've never seen the earth from high enough to make a judgment. I have seen cameras that pick up objects that should be hidden from a curve many miles away. So there's that. The following 2 points will shock you. I'm not trying to convince you or debate you. You have to do the work yourself. The info is all available to you, all you have to do is research it.

1. Space is fake. I'm sure that might make you mad but why? You've never been there and you will never go there. The idea that a vacuum could be next to an atmosphere and not suck all of it into space defies any laws of physics on our realm. What about rockets going up by thrust then it gets into a vacuum? What is it thrusting off of then? Nothing. Defies physics. The space programs for all countries are being faked that's why one won't call out the other. Now China just landed a rover on Mars. That was funny to watch. So fake. I'm sure they have good people at Nasa but I doubt if they are all in on it. I could go on and on with evidence but it is out there so go look yourself.

2. The earth is motionless and not spinning in space. That's right, we aren't travelling through space along with other planets, galaxies, black holes and what not. The sun, moon stars are all travelling around us. We are the center of our "universe" Just as the way it seems in real life. Think of this. You are in a plane flying one direction, the earth is "supposedly" spinning like 700-100 mph. Wouldn't one direction you would face winds of high speed where if you went in the opposite direction you would be moving with the rotation it would be at much less speed? You don't get that on a flight do you? Plus if you were landing a plane from north to south the runway would be moving at 700 -1000 mph. Not easy to land. The whole solar system model is nonsense but taught to kids at a young age so they never question it.

There is many people getting to know this info and they are as smart or smarter than you. You can get mad, make fun or get your panties in a wad but it really doesn't matter because it's not about you and it's not about me.
Wow... dude...
Just no.

*Picard Level Facepalm*

Oh you poor bugger. Should I explain this? I...dunno, I just don't have the energy....oh screw it, I got this fam.

Flat Earthers are the dumbest motherf%$kers on the planet. They are oxygen thieving trolls. They have contributed the grand total of jack squat to science and math progress. They have invented nothing of practical use. They live in a fantasy world and elevate themselves to intellectual superiority so they can feel better about their pathetic existence. I have no respect for them. We do not need to jettison these conkers out in to space so they can see the planet, though honestly...I might not be opposed to a one way trip. We have MILLIONS of photos and videos. The Himawari 8 satellite takes a photo of the Earth every 8 minutes. People on the ground can confirm the photos are legit because we can match the weather patterns on the surface to the photos. You would also have to prove every single photo of Earth is fake. If even one turns out to be real, bye bye Flat Earth.

Space is not fake. The argument of "Youv'e never been there" is a fallacious and illogical argument. I've never seen you, how do I know you exist? I've never been to Paris, yet there it is. Rubbish argument, hell its not even an argument, its just complete ignorance. RedsRhetoric on youtube has a video he took himself I believe of a rocket passing the Karman line into space. You can see the gasses being emitted from the engines begin to disperse wider, wider, and wider, until you can barely see them at all. This is showing the vacuum of space in action allowing the gas emissions to disperse over a great area.

Rockets operate via a Newtonian principle which is known as the third law of motion. Basically, for every action there is an equal an opposite reaction. You do not need to thrust off something to move, and we can prove this in vacuum chamber tests quite easily, you simply have to be looking for it instead of going to Eric Dubay or Mark Sargent for answers, which by the way...you are totally parroting them. I have debated enough Flatties and space deniers at this point...its the same trite stuff over and over. Its basic physics that has been understood for four centuries, and snot nosed high schoolers know this.

The Earth is not motionless and it is travellign through Space. I take it you subscribe to Geocentrisim. First, you must explain retrograde motion of planets. There was a book written by Ptolemy about epicycles, a way to explain it while maintaining Earth as an immobile central locus. The complexity behind epicycles is extraordinary and virtually impossible. The sun being at the center of the solar system with planets orbiting it works elegantly with no issues. Why is it even necessary to explain this?

Stars, galaxies, and other cosmic doodoo cannot be traveling around us in an orbital manner because given the distances from Earth and the cycle of a full rotation around the Earth in a day...they would at a certain distance threshold have to travel faster than c, the speed of light. Within the confines of our universe, that is physically impossible. Also, by what mechanism are these objects being forced to orbit the Earth? Gravity? If so, the Earth would have to be the largest gravitational force in the universe, ergo we are actually living on a hypermassive black hole. I seriously doubt that.

The rotation of the Earth is easily proven by something as simple as Foucalt's pendulum experiment. You can also see the effects via a fiber optic gyroscope, or ring laser gyroscope. To put it bluntly, the Earth, if moving, should register a 15 degree per hour drift on the pendulum and the gyro, and guess what? There is a 15 degree per hour drift. There was an experiment by flat earther Bob "supernoodledoodle" Knodell. He acquired a fiber optic gyro, with the intent to show there was no drift. He admitted, there indeed was one. He blamed the sky for the result. A gyroscope is not going to measure the drift of the f$#king sky. Now those gyros cost around 20 grand, but the Foucault pendulum you can do yourself. In fact, a man from the UK built one in his apartment complex and he registered a 15 degree per hour drift. Its a string, a heavy weight, a pen. That's all you need.

The argument about the angular speed of the Earth being a problem has been debunked probably thousands of times at this point, but I'll do one more, and I will try my best to make this simple to follow. When you drive in your car at high speeds, do you feel like your body is traveling at those speeds, or do you feel stationary? You feel like you arent moving. You only feel movement when accelerating or de-accelerating, that is Newton's first law of motion in action. Now, imagine if you were in the bed of a truck, traveling at speed, then you jumped vertically in the air. Would you land off the truck or back in the bed? In the bed of course. You are moving with the truck, and when you jump that momentum is not immediately lost, you still have it. The Earth's rotation does actually affect flying objects, you can calculate the effect as I have done, but the effect is inconsequential. Planes are moving with the Earth at all times. We are moving with the Earth at all times. There are no 1000mph winds, because guess what? The atmosphere is moving with the Earth, at all times. The rotation of the Earth is quite slow honestly. Question, how many rotations does the Earth make per day? I'll let you ponder that one.

While we are at it, since you seem to know your science, would you like to take my math test? Answer me these questions three, and we will see if you be dull as a tree. Please, everyone else but our esteemed science teacher, don't spoil the answers.

1. If I have a triangle with sides 1, 1, and 1, what are the angles?
2. What is five divided by zero?
3. Is 10 to the power -17 a negative or positive number?

I shall wait in my dragon cave, humming Starman.

Last edited:
Fun questions... I won't spoil it. But you know, #2 could seriously be debated more than just the pat answer.

It is evident you have tried, though perhaps in vain, to disabuse FE's in the past. My hat is off to you sir. I tried a couple times. It is tedious work. For me the question is quickly and easily answered for each person if they will just look in a telescope. If one does, it becomes clear that the planets are round, the sun is round, the moon is round, and the Jovian moons travel around Jupiter just like our moon does around us. So unless something is wrong with all the other bodies in the solar system, we should be just as mundane (or fascinating) as they are. They are all a sphere and that, by default, means we are too. And that will be light coming to your eyes through your telescope. No photos, no fakery. There are lots of other arguments, but that one satisfies me. If we are the only celestial body that is not a sphere, it's not the solar system in error, it is us.

Fun questions... I won't spoil it. But you know, #2 could seriously be debated more than just the pat answer.

It is evident you have tried, though perhaps in vain, to disabuse FE's in the past. My hat is off to you sir. I tried a couple times. It is tedious work. For me the question is quickly and easily answered for each person if they will just look in a telescope. If one does, it becomes clear that the planets are round, the sun is round, the moon is round, and the Jovian moons travel around Jupiter just like our moon does around us. So unless something is wrong with all the other bodies in the solar system, we should be just as mundane (or fascinating) as they are. They are all a sphere and that, by default, means we are too. And that will be light coming to your eyes through your telescope. No photos, no fakery. There are lots of other arguments, but that one satisfies me. If we are the only celestial body that is not a sphere, it's not the solar system in error, it is us.

Zero divisions are a fascinating subject. Its easier to go with the base answer, but its part of what makes math, especially theoreticals, so interesting. Most advanced math I've either forgotten or don't fully understand anymore, I don't use it in day to day life, but it's a bewildering world to explore. The discovery of the Jovian moons I think was one of the things that paved the way for the division of scientific progress from being so under the thumb of the church. I think at that time (1500's ish Europe), celestial bodies were thought to be in...sort of cosmic shells around the Earth, and they were perfect, with no moons.

I'll drop a couple bombshells. Be ready, stay calm and don't fall out of your chair. :eek:

Well, dude, I have to give it to you. You were right this time. I did fall out of my chair............laughing my a$$ off!

...celestial bodies were thought to be in...sort of cosmic shells around the Earth, and they were perfect, with no moons.
Almost cost Galileo his head...

You may like a book I found fascinating. "Zero - The Biography of a Dangerous Idea" by Charles Seife.

Right now I'm interested in infinite sums. Especially Sum(1+2+3+4....... ) = -1/12 Logic says it can never happen, but string theory of quantum mechanics, they require it in order to be able to define all the dimensions.

*Picard Level Facepalm*

Oh you poor bugger. Should I explain this? I...dunno, I just don't have the energy....oh screw it, I got this fam.

Flat Earthers are the dumbest motherf%$kers on the planet. They are oxygen thieving trolls. They have contributed the grand total of jack squat to science and math progress. They have invented nothing of practical use. They live in a fantasy world and elevate themselves to intellectual superiority so they can feel better about their pathetic existence. I have no respect for them. We do not need to jettison these conkers out in to space so they can see the planet, though honestly...I might not be opposed to a one way trip. We have MILLIONS of photos and videos. The Himawari 8 satellite takes a photo of the Earth every 8 minutes. People on the ground can confirm the photos are legit because we can match the weather patterns on the surface to the photos. You would also have to prove every single photo of Earth is fake. If even one turns out to be real, bye bye Flat Earth.

Space is not fake. The argument of "Youv'e never been there" is a fallacious and illogical argument. I've never seen you, how do I know you exist? I've never been to Paris, yet there it is. Rubbish argument, hell its not even an argument, its just complete ignorance. RedsRhetoric on youtube has a video he took himself I believe of a rocket passing the Karman line into space. You can see the gasses being emitted from the engines begin to disperse wider, wider, and wider, until you can barely see them at all. This is showing the vacuum of space in action allowing the gas emissions to disperse over a great area.

Rockets operate via a Newtonian principle which is known as the third law of motion. Basically, for every action there is an equal an opposite reaction. You do not need to thrust off something to move, and we can prove this in vacuum chamber tests quite easily, you simply have to be looking for it instead of going to Eric Dubay or Mark Sargent for answers, which by the way...you are totally parroting them. I have debated enough Flatties and space deniers at this point...its the same trite stuff over and over. Its basic physics that has been understood for four centuries, and snot nosed high schoolers know this.

The Earth is not motionless and it is travellign through Space. I take it you subscribe to Geocentrisim. First, you must explain retrograde motion of planets. There was a book written by Ptolemy about epicycles, a way to explain it while maintaining Earth as an immobile central locus. The complexity behind epicycles is extraordinary and virtually impossible. The sun being at the center of the solar system with planets orbiting it works elegantly with no issues. Why is it even necessary to explain this?

Stars, galaxies, and other cosmic doodoo cannot be traveling around us in an orbital manner because given the distances from Earth and the cycle of a full rotation around the Earth in a day...they would at a certain distance threshold have to travel faster than c, the speed of light. Within the confines of our universe, that is physically impossible. Also, by what mechanism are these objects being forced to orbit the Earth? Gravity? If so, the Earth would have to be the largest gravitational force in the universe, ergo we are actually living on a hypermassive black hole. I seriously doubt that.

The rotation of the Earth is easily proven by something as simple as Foucalt's pendulum experiment. You can also see the effects via a fiber optic gyroscope, or ring laser gyroscope. To put it bluntly, the Earth, if moving, should register a 15 degree per hour drift on the pendulum and the gyro, and guess what? There is a 15 degree per hour drift. There was an experiment by flat earther Bob "supernoodledoodle" Knodell. He acquired a fiber optic gyro, with the intent to show there was no drift. He admitted, there indeed was one. He blamed the sky for the result. A gyroscope is not going to measure the drift of the f$#king sky. Now those gyros cost around 20 grand, but the Foucault pendulum you can do yourself. In fact, a man from the UK built one in his apartment complex and he registered a 15 degree per hour drift. Its a string, a heavy weight, a pen. That's all you need.

The argument about the angular speed of the Earth being a problem has been debunked probably thousands of times at this point, but I'll do one more, and I will try my best to make this simple to follow. When you drive in your car at high speeds, do you feel like your body is traveling at those speeds, or do you feel stationary? You feel like you arent moving. You only feel movement when accelerating or de-accelerating, that is Newton's first law of motion in action. Now, imagine if you were in the bed of a truck, traveling at speed, then you jumped vertically in the air. Would you land off the truck or back in the bed? In the bed of course. You are moving with the truck, and when you jump that momentum is not immediately lost, you still have it. The Earth's rotation does actually affect flying objects, you can calculate the effect as I have done, but the effect is inconsequential. Planes are moving with the Earth at all times. We are moving with the Earth at all times. There are no 1000mph winds, because guess what? The atmosphere is moving with the Earth, at all times. The rotation of the Earth is quite slow honestly. Question, how many rotations does the Earth make per day? I'll let you ponder that one.

While we are at it, since you seem to know your science, would you like to take my math test? Answer me these questions three, and we will see if you be dull as a tree. Please, everyone else but our esteemed science teacher, don't spoil the answers.

I shall wait in my dragon cave, humming Starman.

Well done! What you can't see is this guy, standing in front of my computer, clapping. A standing ovation. Well done, indeed!

I'm not a FE'er but it could be. The globe is the dumbest concept ever. I think that the inventors of the globe concept had evil intentions and it carried through to today.

I'm not a FE'er but it could be. The globe is the dumbest concept ever. I think that the inventors of the globe concept had evil intentions and it carried through to today.

So? If its real, I don't care what the intentions were. The spherical Earth works. Period, Goodbye. The end. You can call it dumb all you want, reality remains regardless, and the reality is you live on a spinning ball flying through space, orbiting a main sequence star, in an arm of a spiral galaxy, within a galaxy cluster, in a 93 billion light year wide universe expanding still as I write this. Deal with it.

Also, I ask Flatties the same thing and never get a straight answer: What evil intentions did the "Globe Mongers" have? Mind control? Basketball sales? What was the point? I don't think you even know.

So? If its real, I don't care what the intentions were. The spherical Earth works. Period, Goodbye. The end. You can call it dumb all you want, reality remains regardless, and the reality is you live on a spinning ball flying through space, orbiting a main sequence star, in an arm of a spiral galaxy, within a galaxy cluster, in a 93 billion light year wide universe expanding still as I write this. Deal with it.

Also, I ask Flatties the same thing and never get a straight answer: What evil intentions did the "Globe Mongers" have? Mind control? Basketball sales? What was the point? I don't think you even know.
Basketball sales...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back