A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott, that's awesome! Did the WW/Covid shot jog your memory as to why you were there for stuff, or was this a case of two birds one stone?

On the home front, trying to help a disabled neighbor obtain his 1st Covid shot. (The guy is slightly behind the tech curve, doesn't own a computer, only owns an old flip phone, doesn't text. Only way the neighbor can set up a vaccine appointment is for him to connect with a pharmacy agent.) Heard that the pharmacy a couple blocks away is now accepting appointments for the vaccine.

Will feel safer visiting the guy once he's fully vaccinated. Meanwhile, running small errands for the guy involves double-masking for both of us and typical handwashing prevention. I think the guy could use a decent home-cooked meal once he finally receives his 1st shot....it's been ridiculous trying to find places that don't require a computer to set up an appointment...

Dunno...but I did have the sudden urge to to buy a guitar, but WW only sells the plastic ones.;)Good on you for helping your neighbor!

Just to clarify...WW requires you to schedule an appointment on-line, before you come in. So yes, it made me think...what about the folks with no internet access, the housebound or for someone that isn't "tech savvy"??

Let's just hope there are more people like you, willing to help those groups of people, like you did for your neighbor. Kudos my man!!

...Just to clarify...WW requires you to schedule an appointment on-line, before you come in. So yes, it made me think...what about the folks with no internet access, the housebound or for someone that isn't "tech savvy"??

Let's just hope there are more people like you, willing to help those groups of people, like you did for your neighbor. Kudos my man!!

CVS offers an alternative to online appointments. Simply call their local number, and listen for the voice prompts to be connected to an agent who can schedule an appointment for you. The agent I spoke with confirmed that our local CVS was offering Moderna and J&J vaccines, and that my neighbor just need schedule an appointment via phone. The agent confirms your information on file with CVS. Only thing I didn't ask was if you could schedule an appointment at a convenient date or time. It would be better if this were the case, but at this writing, I don't know if this is possible.

Thanks for the kind words.

My neighbor has bad legs/feet and has trouble walking, with help from a seat walker, and walking only short distances. The neighbor's also got some mental health issues I've not asked him about; though he's non-violent and keeps to himself, preferring to read, watch TV and stay at home. His quality of life isn't the greatest, so occasionally I bring him a dessert or home-cooked meal to brighten his spirits. The neighbor is actually much like a big, old, teddy-bear kid who hasn't quite latched onto adult ways yet, and lives a sheltered life as a special needs adult. The guy can care for himself, but when presented with challenges, "hides in his shell" hoping things will either go away or correct themselves without any effort on his part.

That was the problem regards receiving his Covid shot...the neighbor didn't want to put forth the effort to try to schedule an appointment and didn't have access to local resources that would make it easier for him to do so. A few words to his sister who visits every other week and some suggestions regards the local pharmacy will help him.

Got my first Moderna, next on May 25.

No major side effects, but I feel like I did when I lost my job at the Orange Juice factory.
My arm was pretty sore after the first Moderna shot. I got my 2nd one last Saturday. I kept my arm in motion the rest of the day, night and next day. Didn't get as sore as after the first one.

My next door neighbor is finally receiving his 1st Covid shot...thanks in part to better availability and location...his health plan had previously suggested he drive an hour west, or 80 minutes east to available locations...the guy wasn't buying that at all, so he waited until his sister could arrange for a shot at our local pharmacy.

Apparently, not owning an email address was part of the problem, so the sister signed him up with her ISP so the guy has a legit email addy the pharmacy can email to now.

This is good news on the home front because the guy often receives home-cooked meals or desserts when extra is made, and this week someone gifted our apartment community room with several bagfuls of raisin bagel chunks. What to do with bagel chunks? Make Caramel Whiskey Raisin Pecan Bread Pudding, that's what. (Title seems like a mouthful, tastes delicious)

Am hoping both the neighbor and his brother-in-law this weekend can receive some treats after the neighbor's 2 new recliner chairs arrive. (Replacing a old sectional sofa and an old recliner). The neighbor has asked me to help his brother maneuver the 2 recliners into his apartment (yes, they're assembled prior to delivery, not unassembled). We'll need to be careful to not damage the lift mechanisms on the sides of the 2 chairs.

All this can happen if my request for time off from my job occurs this weekend. (I'd asked for time off anyway for something else, but the neighbor's request falls on the day off).

Neighbor receives his first Covid shot Wednesday. May send over a Tequila Fresca if he may not be feeling too chipper the day after the shot...

We're at the point where almost everywhere you can get a shot is offering it to walk-ins.

We're at the point where almost everywhere you can get a shot is offering it to walk-ins.

It's appreciated that there are places that are allowing this.

About 6 weeks ago locally, it was nearly impossible to find a walk-in appointment. Pharmacies and clinics have been exceptionally helpful for folks who couldn't otherwise schedule a usual vaccination appointment with their healthcare.

Here in Jersey they’re doing “Shot and a Beer”.
Get your shot this month and get a beer at one of the participating breweries.:p:D

Unfortunately, the offer isn’t retroactive.:oops:

Here in Jersey they’re doing “Shot and a Beer”.
Get your shot this month and get a beer at one of the participating breweries.:p:D

Unfortunately, the offer isn’t retroactive.:oops:

I don't meant to burst your bubble or anything, but the bars around here have offered a "shot and a beer" since, like a long time ago. I don't want to rub it in, but... they'll even let you do more than one! I mean, I heard this was true, anyway.

I don't meant to burst your bubble or anything, but the bars around here have offered a "shot and a beer" since, like a long time ago. I don't want to rub it in, but... they'll even let you do more than one! I mean, I heard this was true, anyway.
The more the merrier!:D
The state of NJ is trying to get the stragglers any way they can.
My area <Northeast NJ, NYC> was ground zero in the US for this plague and got hit HARD.

The more the merrier!:D
The state of NJ is trying to get the stragglers any way they can.
My area <Northeast NJ, NYC> was ground zero in the US for this plague and got hit HARD.

So, they should offer the holdouts about a 3 pack. 3 shots, 3 beers and then give them the vaccine. :D

So, they should offer the holdouts about a 3 pack. 3 shots, 3 beers and then give them the vaccine. :D

DTR,

I think it would take a 30-pack case of Miller to entice my neighbor into receiving his 2nd shot. As it is, I'm rewarding him with a slice of pie for his trouble today. Poor guy looked frozen with his cargo shorts hobbling across the complex with his walker in rainy weather today. Will offer the pie in a minute.

I don't remember where. Maybe it was a company offering it to its employees. But it was recently on the news someone was offering a beer and a shot to anyone getting vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back