A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh-oh....that aint good. Delta variant looks like a bad mutha.
It is true that the Delta Variant is more contagious and slightly more potent, but no medical authority said that the vaccine prevents one from getting and passing on the virus. It only lessons the severity of the illness. What's more, the effectiveness of the vaccine seems to last a few (up to 6) months. The T cell count of people who recover from having the virus naturally lasts for going on 18 months and it looks like within 2 years it will still be effective.

It is true that the Delta Variant is more contagious and slightly more potent, but no medical authority said that the vaccine prevents one from getting and passing on the virus. It only lessons the severity of the illness. What's more, the effectiveness of the vaccine seems to last a few (up to 6) months. The T cell count of people who recover from having the virus naturally lasts for going on 18 months and it looks like within 2 years it will still be effective.
6 months is about what I had figured. I expected this to end up like the flu where it becomes more of an endemic. Still, I had feared at some point there would be a more potent form of covid that could make the vaccination feel ineffective. Delta might not be the end of it either.

Masks are bull$hit.
You're both right.

As I've said before, if you can smell a beautiful woman's perfume while wearing a mask, you know they can't stop the virus. What they can stop are droplets from being sprayed into the air. So they have some limited affect in lowering the amount of Covid infused droplets in the air. The amount of airborne Covid, like perfume, has no constraint in using a mask.

You're both right.

As I've said before, if you can smell a beautiful woman's perfume while wearing a mask, you know they can't stop the virus. What they can stop are droplets from being sprayed into the air. So they have some limited affect in lowering the amount of Covid infused droplets in the air. The amount of airborne Covid, like perfume, has no constraint in using a mask.
I spent 20+ years in the military, and had to specialize in Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear Evironmental Disasters. When it came to the bio stuff, gas masks were absolutly useless.

Masks are bull$hit.
The effectiveness ranges from one material to another. Cloth masks dont do very much save for catching large droplets of ejected body fluids when you sneeze or cough, which is not perfect but helps. The size of the virus is very small, being between 50-100 nanometers (in comparison, a human hair is around 80,000 nm thick), and capable of passing through most material types easily. N95 masks do a far better job than a cheap cloth based one will, but even they have limits. Masks wont fully protect you but they do generally help; they are inexpensive and minor inconveniences with a benefit that is worth it.

The effectiveness ranges from one material to another. Cloth masks dont do very much save for catching large droplets of ejected body fluids when you sneeze or cough, which is not perfect but helps. The size of the virus is very small, being between 50-100 nanometers (in comparison, a human hair is around 80,000 nm thick), and capable of passing through most material types easily. N95 masks do a far better job than a cheap cloth based one will, but even they have limits. Masks wont fully protect you but they do generally help; they are inexpensive and minor inconveniences with a benefit that is worth it.

I work in a building where everyone is required to wear a mask and let me tell you what I have seen 100% of the time, not only in my own travels but even on TV watching sessions of congress and so on. 100% of the time without fail, EVERY little goodie-two-shoes I've ever seen wearing a mask, who suddenly felt the urge to sneeze, quickly lowered their mask and sneezed into the open air just as if they were never wearing one in the first place and then returned their mask to it's normal position where the donkey jockey fascists tell you you are supposed to wear it. NO ONE I've ever witnessed sneeze, has ever sneezed into their mask. EVER. Not only do unrated masks NOT protect you, but even the H1N1 rated masks don't work when you refuse to sneeze into them. Masks are not only bull$hit but those "elected officials" who give these unconstitutional orders to wear masks, won't even wear them themselves!

I work in a building where everyone is required to wear a mask and let me tell you what I have seen 100% of the time, not only in my own travels but even on TV watching sessions of congress and so on. 100% of the time without fail, EVERY little goodie-two-shoes I've ever seen wearing a mask, who suddenly felt the urge to sneeze, quickly lowered their mask and sneezed into the open air just as if they were never wearing one in the first place and then returned their mask to it's normal position where the donkey jockey fascists tell you you are supposed to wear it. NO ONE I've ever witnessed sneeze, has ever sneezed into their mask. EVER. Not only do unrated masks NOT protect you, but even the H1N1 rated masks don't work when you refuse to sneeze into them. Masks are not only bull$hit but those "elected officials" who give these unconstitutional orders to wear masks, won't even wear them themselves!
I do agree, some elected officials arent following the regulations they put in place. Cant speak for other people, but all I can say is I wear mine, I sneeze and cough into it. My employees at my store are instructed to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back