A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God....Wisdom of Clashcityrocker: It is pretty wild. I've probably gotten into it in the last 5 years or so. Basically for me I'm finding the rotating globe in space theory isn't true. I don't have all the answers, I'm still learning about it.

No, no, no....you said you know these claims are true, not "im still learning". You dont get to promote nonsense and then go "Im just learning, I dont have all the answers". You have been so self confident, now you want to play novice? Bulls#!t.

Double your misery...Word of Wisdom from He Who Shall Not Be Named - Even Neil Dagrasse Tyson says he thinks the earth is pear shaped because of the spinning earth... up by the north pole you should feel lighter because there isn't the rate of spin at the equator.

Neil could have chosen a better comparison. If we are gonna stick with fruit, The Earth is more like a slightly squished orange. It has a slight bulge at the equator. It's not visible in photos because the rotation is not that intense. Again, its one rotation a day. My granny spins faster in her grave. Saturn is an example of a more intense spin, and you can see it's much fatter at its equator. Also, why should you feel lighter at the poles exactly? In actuality, you weigh a nominal amount more at the poles, but the real question is what is the thing that gives us the feel of weight in the first place? *hint* starts with the letter "G".

I dont wanna do this anymore....Words of.....whatever by that dummy - I've been to Phoenix Arizona all the way to Tacoma, Philadelphia, Atlanta La. Northern California where the girls are warmer just to hear my pretty baby play.....

Don't defile the sweet geographile poetry of Steve Miller.
You're a joker, you're a joker you're an all day toker......

While driving around I've notice the sun through the clouds. Now it looks like the sun is shining right through that cloud formation. The problem with that is if you went 200 mile away the sun would be about the same position in the sky. That's why some people think our reality is a simulation drawn into for every person like a video game. I believe our real reality is out of our human bodies. This reality could be a simulation to test, teach and punish people. I don't buy this guy's explanation of Crepuscular Rays. If the sun was (it isn't) 93 million miles away the rays would be all at the same angle.

While driving around I've notice the sun through the clouds. Now it looks like the sun is shining right through that cloud formation. The problem with that is if you went 200 mile away the sun would be about the same position in the sky. That's why some people think our reality is a simulation drawn into for every person like a video game. I believe our real reality is out of our human bodies. This reality could be a simulation to test, teach and punish people. I don't buy this guy's explanation of Crepuscular Rays. If the sun was (it isn't) 93 million miles away the rays would be all at the same angle.

I'm remembering al the times I was talking on the phone to Northern Virginia (Near Washington DC) from Southern Arizona.
"It's completely dark there? Wow, the sun is still pretty high in the sky here. We've got a long time before sunset." (3 hours)

If time stops for anything traveling the speed of light, then would it be safe to say that the light that left a galaxy 13.4 billion years ago was not affected by time, and that if you were the light itself, that by your own perception of time, you would have been seen by Earth at the same instant that you left your galaxy? So is that why light can remain intact for so long... because it doesn't age?

If time stops for anything traveling the speed of light, then would it be safe to say that the light that left a galaxy 13.4 billion years ago was not affected by time, and that if you were the light itself, that by your own perception of time, you would have been seen by Earth at the same instant that you left your galaxy? So is that why light can remain intact for so long... because it doesn't age?
Kind of... It isn't that you would see earth "in an instant". There is no instant. You would see earth, and everything else together. Past, present, and future all before you enjoined. Not at the same time, because there is no time. They just are. Now that is just if time has "stopped". But light really is still moving at 186,000 miles per second. So time slows but doesn't come to a stop. In this case it's like the matrix. You (as light) would see everything else moving in super duper, boringly slow motion. Bullets fired from a gun would just be suspended in air, moving only slightly in what seems to you to be an eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back