A little over 24 hours in

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pseudohobbit, Apr 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draconomics

Draconomics Celebrating 15 years of bad tone

No doubt there. When I was at college studying civil engineering, the explanation about the idea that it was a non-scientific field of study was that even though you do need a well versed background of scientific comprehension, you arent really doing any sort of experimentation type activities or testing concepts, at least not in the sense of proving a hypothesis. As my instructor used to say "your'e pouring concrete kid no splittin' atoms". Frankly, if one wants to consider it a scientific field, I can see it and wouldn't argue it. I agree, Bill Nye knows how things work. If I recall correctly, he studied under Carl Sagan and worked for Boeing for a time. I don't like how people flippantly call him an "actor". By explaining science to children (myself included), he's done more for scientific progress than most.

#1001 Draconomics, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Tucson Thump, alantig and bodia like this.
  2. Draconomics

With all respect, I never said Rand has no foundation from which to not criticize Fauci, but its difficult to take his comments seriously when he is commenting on virology without being versed in the subject. Doctorates are not equal across the board. I have a degree in mathematics, but I know jack squat about marine biology. All I know is they swim and taste funny.

I think the fallacy you are thinking of is Ad Hominem. However, I don't think I'm committing one there, I mean I didn't call Dr. Paul a poopyhead, or attack his credentials, I'm establishing that he is not an authority on the subject of viral outbreaks since he shoots lasers in peoples eyes. I could argue presenting him as DOCTOR Rand Paul is an appeal to authority fallacy. Lets put the fallacy measuring contest down for now. Like I said, I'm not deifying Fauci either. I think he miffed the mask guidelines a bit at first when it was pretty clear covid was getting out of hand. I am also not happy with explanations on vaccine effects on people with auto-immune diseases. Again, I get not alot of time for testing and studies, emergency use, yadda-yadda....but my own personal opinion/theory is people with auto-immune diseases may be at risk of prolonged side effects.

Hoo boy....Al "I Invented the Internet" Gore. I get the criticisms of Gore, and the evil deeds of DuPont go even deeper than that. I do still feel like you are skirting my issue. I never brought up Gore, he's not a scientist, and I cannot find anything to support your claim. On me mum, I looked for an hour for articles to support what you said and came up empty-handed. In fact, I did learn that Freon 12 was banned in 1996 due to it damaging the ozone layer, a decade before Gore's film came out. So, then its a lie that Freon 12 canisters used a CFC as a propellant. Do you have something to support your claim? If so, I promise I will read it.

My main issue with what you posed is "climate change scam". That is where we are not going to agree at all. Also, what do you mean by "all planets are getting hotter"? I am familiar with research that says the moon and Mars, possibly Pluto are increasing in temperature, but there is no conclusion yet as to what may be causing this, though for Mars is suggested that its exiting an ice age. Further, there is research I have seen that suggest Uranus is cooling. Even if I were to grant the Sun is taking sterioids and warming everything else...umm, you do realize that's still bad for us? I mean, if Mars gets lit than no biggie except to the rocks, but we live on Earth. If Earth is warming, which it is, we are going to suffer. We are already seeing the effects. You are suggesting a global conspiracy by which the vast majority (literally 99%) of scientists agree we are exacerbating a global temperature shift, but thier opinions must be purchased and ignored. Umm.....I can't really get on board with that.

Just a little addendum. I do think there are causes for global warming we are not told. Methane emissions from livestock could be a major player. Yes Virgina, cows may be farting away the atmosphere, and if that's true its perfectly poetic. Mankind goes out with a fart.

Tell you what, as much as I like a good, civil discourse, I'm willing to put our differences to bed and agree to disagree. :)

Article about Martian Global Warming

#1002 Draconomics, Jul 28, 2021
    Tucson Thump, Warmart and bodia like this.
  3. Drew

Drew New Member

Pfizer is now saying today that a 3rd vaccine dose will be very effective against the Delta variant. Sign me up.

4. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

Me too!
    My magnets are ready.:D

5. Clashcityrocker

Clashcityrocker RedPilled

6. Clashcityrocker

Oh no...Your'e a global warming, wait, ice age, wait, climate change nut. You think farting causes it. Ever drove across country and see all the empty space with green growth? That would offset any Co2 problem because you know why? PLANTS LOVE CO2!!!!!! AND THEY GIVE OFF OXYGEN!!!!! LEARNED THAT IN 3RD GRADE!!!

7. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

It just never ends...

8. Draconomics

Wisdom of Clashcityrocker - I think Paul Craig Roberts pretty much sums it all up.

Not to be doing an ad hominem, but I wouldnt use Paul Craig Roberts to bolster a position if I were you.

"No German plans, or orders from Hitler, or from Himmler or anyone else have ever been found for an organized holocaust by gas and cremation of Jews... The "death camps" were in fact work camps. Auschwitz, for example, today a Holocaust museum, was the site of Germany's essential artificial rubber factory. Germany was desperate for a work force." -Paul Craig Roberts writing in support of Holocaust denier David Irving

Ovibos and bodia like this.
  9. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I believe he also wrote in support of some 9/11 Truthers.

Draconomics and Ovibos like this.
  10. Draconomics

Oh dear, more Wisdom of Baycityroller - Ever drove across country and see all the empty space with green growth? That would offset any Co2 problem because you know why? PLANTS LOVE CO2!!!!!! AND THEY GIVE OFF OXYGEN!!!!! LEARNED THAT IN 3RD GRADE!!!

Im not convinced you graduated 3rd grade. Plants do absorb co2 and release oxygen, but they can only do it so quickly. The planet's rainforests are suffering from massive deforestation and every day more trees are being cut down without being replaced. There is a threshold where the population of the planet and the amount of resources we use will outweigh the planets ability to replenish those resources and offset our ecological impact. We may have already crossed it.

One more CCR quote - "You think farting causes it"

What? Thats too unreasonable for you? Oh, but magnets in a vaccine is perfectly sane. Fake moon landing, sure! Sun the size of a Ford Pinto, oh hell yes. This calls for that Drake meme.
    [​IMG]

#1010 Draconomics, Jul 28, 2021
    bodia likes this.
  11. DreamTheaterRules

Idea! Take one of your cheaper guitars, not PRS, just in case... see if the pickups stick to you strongly enough to support the weight of the guitar. Post pics, videos, etc to show how magnetic you are. THAT would be impressive!

DISTORT6 and bodia like this.
  12. Draconomics

You ain't wrong. Perhaps we can set up a colony for these lovelies in the Dunnng-Krueger Archipelago.

I'm sort of a pessimist in the sense the sense that if we dont fix the issue of disinformation in work to enrich the overall mental fortitude and intelligence of the public, we really don't have a future to worth looking forward to. When I was young in the mid 90's, I remember learning about greenhouse effects on the Great Barrier Reef, how tiny changes in the temperature of the sea can obliterate life there. At that time, it was beginning to die and researchers were sounding the alarm, but it seems nobody really paid attention or brushed it off as hokum. Since 1985, about half of the coral has died. A 500 mile stretch died in 2016. These wonders may be mere memories in the future, and that would be sad.

13. DreamTheaterRules

I wonder how many pages ago this thread would have been locked if Shawn were still here.

I miss that guy, even though he didn't like me. LOL

Tucson Thump and aphantomvaper like this.
  14. Clashcityrocker

We need more cows farting. It will drown out your green anti human agenda.

15. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

Scientists can be bought as much as any other profession, but most choose to be paid to work on a subject of interest to them.

All of the research done by my team was funded by our owners in the hope that it would lead to something rewarding. Any government funding was after the fact. I would report on the problem we tried to solve, how we went about it, and what the results were. If they agreed with the merits of the effort, they might award us a tax credit for a portion of our actual costs. This hardly constitutes being bought.

Occasionally, we would share work in progress with another company and come up with a joint venture. Generally this meant external financial support for our efforts and sometimes a loan of some expertise that could expedite our efforts. Again, this is hardly being bought.

Ovibos, Draconomics, bodia and 2 others like this.
  16. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

Nah. Wouldn’t do it to guitar because IT AIN’T GONNA STICK.:p:D

17. DreamTheaterRules

I don't know... I was just thinking that in the world of "anything is possible on the internet" you could become a big star and have legions of fans, like... well, you know who.

bodia likes this.
  18. Ovibos

Ovibos Naughty Wood Librarian

BUT WHY DON'T SCIENTISTS WORK FOR FREE SO THEY CAN BE COMPLETELY UNCORRUPTABLE

19. DreamTheaterRules

I've got it! And you aren't stealing this, it's MY idea! So, I loves my Yeti stuff. I'd love to have a "Yeti Sponsorship" and get some free Yeti stuff!

I'm going to stick one of my Yeti tumblers or water bottles to my arm, and claim I just got the vaccine and this proves it's magnetic. If this goes as planned, I could be as "famous" as the "Cash me outside" girl!

Draconomics and dmatthews like this.
  20. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

Pure genius!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.