A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're at the point where almost everywhere you can get a shot is offering it to walk-ins.
I heard on the news, locally here in Upstate NY, that some of the pharmacies and county run sites were actually overstocked on vaccine because no one is making appointments or walking in. They have slready or are in jeopardy of disposing of expired vax. The report also indicated that only about 40% of the population out here has gotten their shots.

DTR,

I think it would take a 30-pack case of Miller to entice my neighbor into receiving his 2nd shot. As it is, I'm rewarding him with a slice of pie for his trouble today. Poor guy looked frozen with his cargo shorts hobbling across the complex with his walker in rainy weather today. Will offer the pie in a minute.

Wow! I mean, I love pie. Chocolate, apple, peach, lemon meringue, coconut cream, and OMG key lime! Pie is good, but who in their right mind would chose that over a 30 pack? Oh wait, you said Miller. Yeah, I'd take the pie too. :D

I heard on the news, locally here in Upstate NY, that some of the pharmacies and county run sites were actually overstocked on vaccine because no one is making appointments or walking in. They have slready or are in jeopardy of disposing of expired vax. The report also indicated that only about 40% of the population out here has gotten their shots.
That sucks

Krispy Kreme was giving away Donuts with proof.

Local minor league baseball team (Hartford YardGoats) was offering 4 free tickets and a Dunkin' Donuts gift card to the 1st 100 people who agreed to receive their 1st Covid shots at YardGoat stadium today. Personally, I've received both my Covid shots, but nowhere in my job description were perks like free baseball tickets ever offered. A Thanksgiving turkey, once. A bonus, once. Gotta be a bargain to receive free baseball tickets. (Wondering when the next game was scheduled so you could visit again for your 2nd shot?)

Wow! I mean, I love pie. Chocolate, apple, peach, lemon meringue, coconut cream, and OMG key lime! Pie is good, but who in their right mind would chose that over a 30 pack? Oh wait, you said Miller. Yeah, I'd take the pie too. :D

Truth be told, my neighbor looked cold and wet as he hobbled back into his apartment, so I called after about 15 minutes and asked him if he'd like a warm home-cooked meal (without mentioning the pie). Couple pieces of baked chicken and some homemade sausage bread stuffing.

I think I might have appreciated this more than cold pie myself; the reason for the warm meal.

FTR, it was cherry pie. That and blueberry, apple, and pumpkin pecan are relatively easy to do.

Local minor league baseball team (Hartford YardGoats) was offering 4 free tickets and a Dunkin' Donuts gift card to the 1st 100 people who agreed to receive their 1st Covid shots at YardGoat stadium today. Personally, I've received both my Covid shots, but nowhere in my job description were perks like free baseball tickets ever offered. A Thanksgiving turkey, once. A bonus, once. Gotta be a bargain to receive free baseball tickets. (Wondering when the next game was scheduled so you could visit again for your 2nd shot?)

Truth be told, my neighbor looked cold and wet as he hobbled back into his apartment, so I called after about 15 minutes and asked him if he'd like a warm home-cooked meal (without mentioning the pie). Couple pieces of baked chicken and some homemade sausage bread stuffing.

I think I might have appreciated this more than cold pie myself; the reason for the warm meal.

FTR, it was cherry pie. That and blueberry, apple, and pumpkin pecan are relatively easy to do.
Your act of kindness will not go without reward! You did good, CP!

Your act of kindness will not go without reward! You did good, CP!

Thanks, Howie...

What, no pumpkin? Heathen!

Or Pecan?

If perhaps you've never tried pumpkin pecan (pumpkin filling mixed with chopped pecans, topped with halves), you're missing a treat. I usually shy away from pecan myself because of the calories from the Karo syrup and such. The pumpkin pecan is slightly lower in calories and won't spike the glycemic levels like pecan will.

The neighbor tells me his 2nd shot is in early June. Likewise one of my best friends from Oregon, both will receive their 2nd shots first week of June.

Not only will this go a long way towards protecting the community at large, it will help others find peace when they need it most. There's too much emphasis on fighting a battle that exists only in the minds of people, when what's in store is really something else. Perhaps things will get worse before they get better, but only time will reveal these things.

My hope is that Covid can be coped with like the seasonal flu, if the current doses won't protect us for more than a year of more. Perhaps the "new normal" will be treating people for preventive care rather than symptomatic care. This would be the best way possible to prevent pandemics from occurring like the one we experienced in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back