A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why we have calculators. As a musician all you need to do is count 1, 2, 3 and 4 and repeat. lol
Calculators are tools, not magic. There are things they can do and things they cant. Clearly youve never heard Tool, King Crimson, or Rush either.
W1VrBZG.jpg

Last edited:
This would be a good time to produce your model.
No I don't need to produce a model. I can guess, but that's not very scientific. It could be a simulation and not be a rock floating in space as you would imagine. This video shows with high powered zoom cameras you can see clouds behind the sun on sunset or rise. They're model is a simulation.

How do you "KNOW" it's stationary? You may have seen someone else talk about it, and you may have come to believe what he said sounded pretty good. But the only way you can "know" it is if you have done the research yourself and have defensible evidence for each of the facts at hand.

Please understand where I am coming from. I believe things that I cannot prove. I trust the scientific method for so much of the physical world. But my experience has been that the physical world cannot explain spiritual experiences. Equally, spiritual insight does not explain the physical world. Those spiritual leaders who have attempted to do so have failed. So, for me, the spiritual world and the physical world can agree with each other, but neither one can prove the reality of the other. They remain exclusive. But that is different from trying to disprove the physical world with physical arguments with no evidence.

So I repeat my request. "How do you KNOW?"
Interesting that in the scriptures it says the earth is stationary and unmovable. The whole purpose a globe spinning in space could be to mock the creator and have people believe they are just a speck in a huge universe. If we were really orbiting the sun, every 6 months it would be dark when it was light. It would switch. It doesn't do that. Also the stars stay the same when we are supposed to be going all the way around the sun. They wouldnt' do that. What about the moon that's orbiting the earth. It would speed up and slow down while moving with the earth through space. It doesn't do that. I think the moon isn't a ball. It doesn't have a dark side that we never see. You ever notice during an eclipse you never see the moon? It's just a black disk covering the sun.

No I don't need to produce a model. I can guess, but that's not very scientific. It could be a simulation and not be a rock floating in space as you would imagine. This video shows with high powered zoom cameras you can see clouds behind the sun on sunset or rise. They're model is a simulation.

At no point in that video is the sun in front of the clouds. The correct explanation of overexposure is proposed then discarded. So I guess the sun likes to also pass in front of trees too, huh?
WSAAzSg.jpg

Interesting that in the scriptures it says the earth is stationary and unmovable. The whole purpose a globe spinning in space could be to mock the creator and have people believe they are just a speck in a huge universe. If we were really orbiting the sun, every 6 months it would be dark when it was light. It would switch. It doesn't do that. Also the stars stay the same when we are supposed to be going all the way around the sun. They wouldnt' do that. What about the moon that's orbiting the earth. It would speed up and slow down while moving with the earth through space. It doesn't do that. I think the moon isn't a ball. It doesn't have a dark side that we never see. You ever notice during an eclipse you never see the moon? It's just a black disk covering the sun.
Yeah, lets do this one...

Im not going to get into scriptures except to say...The Bible is not a science book and was never meant to be. If anything the second Book of Enoch has more concern given to astronomy concepts, including the structure of a year.

Why would a ball Earth mock a creator being? Wouldn't a massive universe be more a testament to its power?

Every six months it would be dark if we were orbiting the sun? What does that mean? Are you referring to the idea that day and night would flip? Like noon on one side of the Earth's orbit would be midnight on the other? Well..there's a funny thing about the time it takes for the earth to rotate...it's not 24 hours. It's just shy of that by four minutes roughly. That is a sidereel day. A solar day is pretty much 24 hours, that's the time it takes for the sun to appear at the same longitude in the sky after two passes. Because we measure our day duration in terms of a solar day, the sun will always be slightly off as it's the Earth rotation that makes it move across the sky. The accumulation of the time differential makes it possible for midnight to always be at night and noon to always be in daytime. It's a bit complicated, but it works.

You are implying that if the Earth moved around the sun the stars should move too. Well....they do. The movement is tiny, but thats due to their respective distances from earth, but that can be calculated using stellar parallax. Also, the central point of the night sky is always moving. In about 13000 years, the north star will be Vega.

Why would the moon need to speed up and slow down? Im not aware of any reason. I guess you are saying because its orbiting the Earth, it would need to catch up to the Earth as its moving through space? Why? They are moving together, the fact one is orbiting the other is really a non issue. Motion is relative. We never see the dark side of it because it is tidal locked. There are other examples of lunar bodies that exhibit this character. Basically, it spins but its rotation matches the Earth's rotation close enough to always show one side.

You dont think the moon is spheroid. Why? Did you look at it and just decide it wasnt?

You dont see the moon during an eclipse. Take a bright light and put something in front of it. Notice how its now in a shadow? Why would you expect to see is as normal? More than that, kinda going back to why models are important, we can predict when, where visible, and duration of eclipses with deadly accuracy. You have no model, thus you have no predictive capability. Even better, eclipse visibility regions show the earth is a globe.

As the great Dikembe Mutombo would say, after swatting away every shot you take, while wagging a massive (middle) finger: "not in my house".

Last edited:
...Why would the moon need to speed up and slow down? Im not aware of any reason. ...
This is a bit into the weeds, but the moon actually does speed up and slow down in its orbit around the earth, as does the earth around the sun. The reason is because the orbit is just slightly elliptical and angular momentum changes the speed as it progresses through the orbit. The result is an Analemma as I think you may have mentioned instead of a straight line produced in the sky if observations are taken at the same time of day through the year.
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap200507.html

Another point for verifying that the moon is a globe. We actually do see more than just half the moon. In it's procession across the sky, it also wobbles left and right. If you look at photos you can see this. About 5% of the other side of the moon becomes visible at the extremes. So we see a small portion of the "dark side of the moon" (shameless Pink Floyd reference).

Last edited:
This one is interesting. The moon cannot be casting a shadow as far away as Saturn so this has to be an occultation which means the detectable edge of the moon as to be out of reach from the rays of the sun which means it has to be a globe. No other way to cut off half of Saturn.
MoonSaturn_dinallo_1200.jpg

This is a bit into the weeds, but the moon actually does speed up and slow down in its orbit around the earth, as does the earth around the sun. The reason is because the orbit is just slightly elliptical and angular momentum changes the speed as it progresses through the orbit. The result is an Analemma as I think you may have mentioned instead of a straight line produced in the sky if observations are taken at the same time of day through the year.

Another point for verifying that the moon is a globe. We actually do see more than just half the moon. In it's procession across the sky, it also wobbles left and right. If you look at photos you can see this. About 5% of the other side of the moon becomes visible at the extremes. So we see a small portion of the "dark side of the moon" (shameless Pink Floyd reference).
Very good point. I had forgotten the orbit is slightly elliptical and there are very small incremental changes in speed. The orbit is degrading very slowly too, I think the moon moves away a couple inches each year. I seriously doubt ccr was alluding to that, but good point nonetheless.

Good point on the moon wobble. There are photographs where you can see part of the other side of the moon, the tidal lock is not 100 percent perfect. Its enough that using the naked eye, you would perceive only one face.

Yeah, some kid 5 billion years in the future is making me watch the UEFA match between Germany and France right now. Logical.

It's CGI of course(not), but it shows the wobble.

Last edited:
So it speeds up and slows down yet we only see one side? Heliocentrism. Makes no sense but brought to you by sun worshippers.

At no point in that video is the sun in front of the clouds. The correct explanation of overexposure is proposed then discarded. So I guess the sun likes to also pass in front of trees too, huh?
WSAAzSg.jpg
That's nothing like the clouds behind the sun video. You could clearly see clouds in front and in back of the sun.

If earth orbited the sun, once you came round the other way, noon would gradually become midnight and vice versa. It doesn't do that so Heliocentrism is dead, gone and Mutumbo is ejected from the game for hoping the basketball would revolve around his head!

dikembe-mutombo-adidas-big-hawk.jpg

So it speeds up and slows down yet we only see one side? Heliocentrism. Makes no sense but brought to you by sun worshippers.
yep Heliocentrism just like this shot. Just because Jupiter has moons doesn't mean it doesn't go around the sun. And yes this is a real photo, albeit better than I could ever take. My telescope isn't that good.
MoonJupiter_Fattinnanzi_2048.jpg

If earth orbited the sun, once you came round the other way, noon would gradually become midnight and vice versa. It doesn't do that so Heliocentrism is dead
I literally just explained it. Again, you cant even do 5 over 0, cant even stick it in a calculator to give me an answer so I can shut my trap. You know nothing Jon Snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back