A little McCarty direct recording for ya ...

Phil M

Posted this over at the Fractal Audio Forum, but this is one of the few PRS-only recordings I’ve ever done so I thought there might be some interest here.
———————
Very short simple snippet. It's so gratifying to sit down at the computer with the FM3 without an idea in your head and then 15 minutes later, have something like this. It's common today but you just couldn't do this kind of stuff when I was younger! It blows my mind.

This is from a few months ago and I'd never used my PRS McCarty for recording before. I had just created an ODS-100 preset with a clean scene and a HRM + Eternity lead scene. It's all FM3 except the rotary came from Logic. Since this time, I find myself using that HRM + Eternity for a lot of my lead sounds.

Just posting this for what it is. I make no claims as to the quality of the composition and make no apologies for the playing, but I DO apologize for the piercing treble at 1:04.

2018 PRS McCarty > FM3 > Audient ID14 > 2020 iMac running Apple Logic X. Recorded using Beyerdynamic DT-880 headphones; mixed using those and Kali LP-6 monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/phil-m-367501545/pick-your-part

Last edited:
Posted this over at the Fractal Audio Forum, but this is one of the few PRS-only recordings I’ve ever done so I thought there might be some interest here.
———————
Very short simple snippet. It's so gratifying to sit down at the computer with the FM3 without an idea in your head and then 15 minutes later, have something like this. It's common today but you just couldn't do this kind of stuff when I was younger! It blows my mind.

This is from a few months ago and I'd never used my PRS McCarty for recording before. I had just created an ODS-100 preset with a clean scene and a HRM + Eternity lead scene. It's all FM3 except the rotary came from Logic. Since this time, I find myself using that HRM + Eternity for a lot of my lead sounds.

Just posting this for what it is. I make no claims as to the quality of the composition and make no apologies for the playing, but I DO apologize for the piercing treble at 1:04.

2018 PRS McCarty > FM3 > Audient ID14 > 2020 iMac running Apple Logic X. Recorded using Beyerdynamic DT-880 headphones; mixed using those and Kali LP-6 monitors.

Hey Phil, not seeing a link in this post when viewed in Firefox or Chrome browsers. Let me know if I am missing something!

Back