A Funny Thing Happened On The Way Home From Guitar Center Friday...

That be a squabbin...squabbin=squared off bobbin.
It was a non squabbin, I think. To be honest, I'm a little fuzzy on the definition of squabbin. Such a nub I am :iamconfused:

It was a direct drop in though, that much I can say.

As for what it would look like with black rings and an uncovered pick up......

20151030_204429_zpsz3wtksdz.jpg

It was a non squabbin, I think. To be honest, I'm a little fuzzy on the definition of squabbin. Such a nub I am :iamconfused:

It was a direct drop in though, that much I can say.

As for what it would look like with black rings and an uncovered pick up......

20151030_204429_zpsz3wtksdz.jpg

That is HOT...and a bit evil as well. Love it! Is that black cherry or Scarlet? Not sure if the whole guitar is darker than mine or if the blackout treatment just makes it look that way.

I might start small, maybe just drop a 59/09 in the bridge or remove the cover of the 57/08...

That is HOT...and a bit evil as well. Love it! Is that black cherry or Scarlet? Not sure if the whole guitar is darker than mine or if the blackout treatment just makes it look that way.

I might start small, maybe just drop a 59/09 in the bridge or remove the cover of the 57/08...

Thanks! It's Angry Larry, so the evil description fits! I've got a pair of the satin black nickel bridge studs from John Mann to go on it as well. Hoping to get to that tomorrow. Have fun with yours! Pics along they way.

Didn't realize there were so many white pickup ring haters ;)
Hey, I'm a lover, not a hater -- I love black pickup rings. Or, more accurately, lower contrast pickup rings. I definitely liked the light pickup rings on the lighter guitars.

Whoever had this baby before me had some very good ears, or at least ears similar to mine. I spent about an hour last night messing around with the pickup heights. Counted quarter-turns so I could end up where I started if I needed. All three pickups are balanced perfectly in volume, and (just as important to me) the character of positions 2 & 4 is at that sweet spot for quackus maximus :)

Didn't expect to be this impressed with an impulse buy. I love this thing.

Back