A few PRS Private stock Artist 3 semi hollow, production, and Cu22 semi hollow clips

Tag

As many here know from B&M I am sure, for me, PRS made the ultimate electric guitar when he came up with the semi hollow with trem guitars. These things give me tones that I have beem unable to achieve with any other guitar. When coupled with my old Dumble or the clone of it I had Quinn amps build for me, I am in tonal Nirvana. Here are a few clips showing what I think are very unique tones, and for my taste, give me the best tones I have ever had. The Arttist 3 semi hollow trems can do rock and even metal all day long, but in the neck pup, can give me jazz archtop type tones so authentic, I fool myself sometimes if I do not label the tracks. That's really amazing. I could never even do that with my old 335s or 339s. These tones are more on the rock/blues side of things. Hope you dig them half as much as I do, and consider checking one of these bad boys out if you get a chance! The older production Artist 3s sound just as good with the semi hollow/trem option.

Here is the production CU22 semi hollow, which may be my favorite of all.

My first private stock Artist 3 chambered BRAZ neck clean into Quinn amp. Nice deep archtop like tone from basically a CU22 body!

Here is a sloppy, out of tune first take of jamming on the ClassicsV "Spooky" backing track. (PS Artist 3 semi hollowtrem)

Here is the same guitar into an ethos overdrive pedal into a Bruno Cowtipper amp. The guitar is on the lead pup (Dragon 2) with the coils split. I dont like overdrive boxes, but the ethos is excellent!

ORIGINAL PRS ARTIST 3 INTO Fuchs SLX

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see you here, Tag.

Sorry to see one of your beauties on eBay.

Got something special planned or just thinning the herd?

Thanks! I appreciate it! Good to see you as well.

I hate to sell it, but I really prefer a mahogany neck, and I cant afford both in this economy. (I still have my first PS with Rosewood besides) I am going to order another pretty much exactly the same but minus the rosewood neck.

Sounded great Tag!! Thanks for posting the videos, I have often wondered what the semi-hollow bodies sounded like. :top:

Hey thanks for the nice words and for taking the time to listen. Its really appreciated. As you can tell, I love PRS guitars! If these get one guy to check out a semi hollow with trem, that would be a great thing! 2-3 notes and a chord is all it takes to hear and feel the added resonance.

VERY GOOD!

Last edited:
Back