A DGT photo thread...

Gz9kyl

v3g-3t

KNb-aF

Q5HfLc

WZgezK

j9cTxG

This is my kind of Private Stock... Well Played...

But it isn't enough that you own the one green DGT I really want, but now you had to go and produce a private stock DGT in goldtop with is also what I would want to do? :eek:

Either you are a biter, or you REALLY get it! :adore:

DGStoptail on the left.
On the right is a Willcutt DGT with a burly, swirly, one piece top. This one is a workhorse and sounds amazing! 11 ga. strings, tuned down a 1/2 step, plugged into the the Bad Cat Lynx, it sounds like... well, Grissom! FAT, greasy, chewy, nice sustain.
DSC_0882_zpse05b91e7-1_zps6aec602f.jpg

DSC_0883_zps6d64b7f0-1_zps3ed5496a.jpg

The one in the middle is a MEGSIII - a hybrid MEIII and DGStoptail. DGT neck, and controls.
DSC_0884_zpsf43af377-1_zps5d40a9ec.jpg

Woundtight/How would you describe the difference in tone between the stoptail vs tremolo DGT?

The difference in tone between a DGT and these particular PS DGTs with a stoptail is very pronounced. The materials are different, I have narrowfields on the one guitar... The Pomegranate one sounds a little bit closer to an Artist V than a DGT, the ebony is pretty snappy. The other thing is that I have fairly light gauge strings on the stoptail guitars.

The burl Willcutt DGT has 11s on the bottom and tens on the top and it is tuned down a 1/2 step. I think the trem makes the guitar more resonant and fuller sounding. I love this guitar!
All things being the same, I think the trem and heavy strings make a huge impact on the tone. I need the trem in order to play with heavier strings. Along with the taller frets, It makes bending easier and I can still play pretty fast and with a certain amount of dexterity.
The stoptails are nice, but I would not venture over to a stoptail until I had a couple DGTs under my belt first...

I just picked up this bad boy and I have it strung with the heavy 11s on the bottom and 10s on top and I have it tuned to concert pitch. FAT sound!!
DSC_1182_zps9ff74b62.jpg

Beautiful guitar! I am seriously considering adding a DGT to the top of my list. Thanks for sharing your input. :biggrin:

I have probably the most played DGT..well, at least the most worn. The guy who had it before me played 4 nights a week and held it really high so it rubbed the lower back edge something fierce. The cool thing is that he rubbed the top finish a lot too.. Still looks cool, but if you run your finger across the top you can feel the flames! I have talked to the PTC about doing a complete refinsh/repaint but I'm not sure if it's cost effective. Who am I kidding? Not sure I could be without this guitar for the 2 months it would take to do it! The other cool thing about this guitar is it feels 30yrs old because of all the playing. Love it..A DGT is the only guitar I would trade my 513 for.

8473632697_5c7bcd91b9_c.jpg

8474687770_dfe5bfe416_z.jpg

8377623608_c7bc0ccd99_z.jpg

DGT w/ pattern neck (1 11/16" nut width), cocobolo board, korina back, Honduran rosewood neck - nice sounding guitar.

Ordered this DGT from my rep. Brandon @ Willcutt - Pattern neck (1 11/16" nut width), cocobolo board, korina back, Honduran rosewood neck - great sounding guitar. The color is Dragon's Breath Glow and was suggested by Brandon. It works really well with the top.

I don't think I ever posted up pics of my DGT (Artist Package Orange Fade goodness! <3), I need to snap some indoor pics as the colors are not nearly as bright, the yellows and oranges get a bit washed out since I took the photos at like high noon so the sun was directly overhead and SUPER bright, not exactly ideal lighting conditions!

PRS_DGT_AP_Orange_Fade_2_zpscaa8f760.jpg

PRS_DGT_AP_Orange_Fade_5_zpse7c6b25a.jpg

PRS_DGT_AP_Orange_Fade_6_zpsfc6022cb.jpg

PRS_DGT_AP_Orange_Fade_7_zpsdb426e97.jpg

PRS_DGT_AP_Orange_Fade_8_zps720c81e7.jpg

PRS_DGT_AP_Orange_Fade_9_zps9bfd56d5.jpg

PRS_DGT_AP_Orange_Fade_25_zpse8088576.jpg

PRS_DGT_AP_Orange_Fade_21_zps98be28f7.jpg

PRS_DGT_AP_Orange_Fade_22_zps595ac559.jpg

Great top, the Brazzy board feels wonderful and honestly it's one of the best-sounding PRS I've ever picked up (and those who know how many PRS I've cycled through over the years know that's a pretty bold statement!). I had never played a DGT before I picked that one up, from that point on I understood what everyone was talking about! I think the DGT might be one of the best formulas for a PRS to date! :congrats: The guitar just feels alive, resonant unplugged and plugged in the notes just sing! The DGT pickups are fantastic and I don't know if I just lucked out with the pieces of wood that were used in this build or if all DGTs are this good, but from all the folks who rave about the DGT being one of the best guitars they've played as well I don't think that's the case. So good!

I had been thinking about maybe spec'ing out a PS in a year or so when funds permit, I get the feeling it's likely going to end up being a DGT with a twist, I just don't want to change the formula too much because there's not much need to mess with perfection! Maybe a H-S-H DGT with a 5-way blade an a push-pull.... hmmmmm!

Simple Solana Burst. Picked this one for it's huge tone. About 8.3lbs. of pure awesomeness.
DGT4_zps9fbb1f24.jpg

DGT2_zps7d559ec9.jpg

DGT1_zpsf2380568.jpg

Now this made me stop and stare....Nice.

Me too. I have a Paul's Dirty 100 and one of the things I like about it is the fact you can feel the ripples of the wood beneath your finger. That one looks very 3D like it was rough hewn. Just really nice!

Forgive me for reviving an old thread, but I'm new here and feel I have something to add to it...

These are my two DGT's

The first is Lunetta, a 2012 Standard in Antique White--

9027.jpg

9030.jpg

...and the recent addition, Fiona, a 2011 10-top --

9020.jpg

I don't need to tell you just how fantastic these instruments are... I absolutely love these things! :top:

9049.jpg

9001.jpg

Back