A Conversation with Carlos Santana, Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, and Paul Reed Smith

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Just got an email notifying me PRS had just uploaded a new video about an hour ago.

PS, this info was also in a PRS newsletter that just came into my inbox plus news on the new SE Tremonti Custom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truly amazing words and emotions in this video. I'm so thankful that I got to see and hear this. Thank you. Notice that not a single one of them talked about figured woods or any such silliness. It's not the equipment, it's not the notes, it's not a question of who has more, or the newest, or the most figured, or supposedly the rarest... It is about touching hearts and souls. IMO (!!!), anything else is disposable to say the least, and I pity those engaged in such immature persuits.

Goldtop

Last edited:
Love Carlos and his playing but he sure is out there. Gotta love it!!

Truly amazing words and emotions in this video. I'm so thankful that I got to see and hear this. Thank you. Notice that not a single one of them talked about figured woods or any such silliness. It's not the equipment, it's not the notes, it's not a question of who has more, or the newest, or the most figured, or supposedly the rarest... It is about touching hearts and souls. IMO (!!!), anything else is disposable to say the least, and I pity those engaged in such immature persuits.

Goldtop

So you're saying they were lying? :biggrin:

I just watched this video again. It's amazing to me the gifts and talents and passions these four men have. So unique, so driven, so dedicated to their art.

I'm by no means at the same level as they are, but I'm honored to be in the same music-making world with them.

Goldtop

So you're saying they were lying? :biggrin:

Hahaha. :p

One footnote: The line I used about 'immature persuits' is a quote from an employee in a GC a few months ago. (I included it because he told me he stops by the forum every now and then to see what's happening.) We were talking about brands we liked, disliked, etc., and he started telling me all of the reasons why he wasn't a fan of PRS. He seemed to be hung up on their looks, and thought they were 'too pretty'. I made my points about quality of woods, attention to detail, and on and on, but he wasn't fazed.

To each his own. The way I look at it, if he doesn't like PRS for whatever reason, thet means more for the rest of us!

Goldtop

Very cool, Thanks for sharing...................................

A lot of the time, listening to a Carlos Santana interview, you're going, "What did he just say? What did it mean?". But in the end, it all makes sense.

Being a Bay Area guy, he's a pretty big SF Giants fan. I remember listening to a game on the radio, and Carlos stopped in to the Giants' radio announcers booth. These are all lifelong baseball guys, and they weren't quite sure what to make of some of Carlos' comments about his love for baseball in general, and the Giants in particular. In one sentence, he was drawing some sort of analogy between Willie Mays, Jerry Garcia, and Mother Theresa, talking about how all three were finding the holiness in life! After he left, one of the baseball guys goes, "I don't know what he just said, but I think I agree!" Very interesting guy.

Back