A complaint about the PRSguitars.com website...

Even better, you guys at PRS could put up the "archive" website. Horses' mouth and what not. Then there can be no argument. Call it theprsmuseum.com or whatever... just isolate it from your main site. If people STILL say "I WANT TO BUY THAT 1992 CUSTOM 24" despite finding it on a different website entirely then point them to Private Stock who should be able to spec it out almost exactly the same. :)

I'm sure the people happy to have this information will seriously outnumber the complainers. Goodwill isn't always found directly in your inbox, but it translates to sales...

Anyway, the thing is, by separating it, nobody could complain that it exists for anything other than historical information...

You should create the site if you're interested in that kind of thing; it'd be a cool thing to do!

I'd do it, but specs put me to sleep for the most part. :(

You should create the site if you're interested in that kind of thing; it'd be a cool thing to do!

I'd do it, but specs put me to sleep for the most part. :(

I'm not quite enough of a fanboy nor do I have enough spare time to take on that kind of project for free. ;)

If PRS wants to bring me on a contract to put this together that's another story and the door is open, they have my email address!

If PRS wants to bring me on a contract to put this together that's another story and the door is open, they have my email address!

If they thought it was as necessary as you do, they'd have already done it themselves, what do they need you for?

Hence my suggestion that you undertake your own idea.

Not that many people are clamoring for it.

I would have thought that since we heard the "official, from the horse's mouth" ruling on this we would have stopped out of courtesy. Guess not.

As for my take on this, not that it matters, but I prefer not having something like this at my fingertips. IMO, half of the fun of the quest is digging for this type of info. That's what led me to this forum in the first place. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that have first hand experience that is far more useful than some repository of discontinued docs. It's an opportunity to learn more from those that have had their hands on the product, and maybe even cultivate some "friendships." Pretty cool opportunity, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Lot's people here I'd sit and have a drink with.

"I'm in the mood for scotch, I'll have a Balvenie."

"Make mine a beer. Framboos, the Belgian stuff."

"Chateau Margaux, 1928, for me."

"I'll have have the, uh...carrot juice. On the rocks."

"Les. Carrot juice? Really?"

"Yeah, I couldn't think of anything healthier or more disgusting. Oh, and would you mind bringing me a whip for a little self-flagellation?"

Hi buddy.
Lot's people here I'd sit and have a drink with.
There is a lot more to those old guitars than what was on the spec sheet.
Amen to that. Next time you roll through Chicago I'll pick up Sergio and we can have a bottle of wine, or four.

Not that many people are clamoring for it.

How do you know? I'd say we've got a fair few people supporting my idea here already - and this forum is tiny by comparison. They have far larger and far more active communities outside of their direct supervision and I see comments all the time on those to the effect of "wish I could look up this old model on PRS' website." I'm not sure how much external community management PRS does - I don't see much. I think that's probably a major growth area for them too, but that's another topic, and if they haven't got the resources to copy and paste web pages from one server to another then they probably don't have the resources to have a rep out there on all the other gear forums and Facebook pages/groups etc other than their own.

I will leave this thread alone now with the comment that my original request for an archive still stands, I'm not going away saying "oh, ok then, nobody wants it so forget about it" - I think it would be an incredibly valuable source of info, be another way for PRS cross-pollinate and promote current products, a way to be proud of their history, and I am saying all this as a customer of PRS who tends to buy mainly new guitars, from S2 to Private Stock, so they can place whatever value they want on that single opinion.

Back