A Chronicle Of A World Tour Adventure!

Fun stuff! The band is in Finland now for "Rock The Beach" and then off to the Czech Republic for "Rock for People." Wonder if Albrecht will be there?

From there, Hungary, France...

Found a pic of a free acoustic show in Oslo, Norway on the band's instagram page:

I'm guessing this was where the audience serenaded Jamie with the Norwegian birthday song.

My buddy Robin is also in Europe on tour with Jimmy Eat World. He's their keyboard player and backup singer for the tour. He's probably the most talented guy I know, classically trained and a master guitarist, pianist and vocalist, and incredible songwriter. He deserves so much more success than what he has had, IMHO, much more than a utility player in another band, but his stuff is just enough outside the mainstream that your average Scottsdale shiny shirt dance club attendee person would just shrug and say "huh?"

That's him with the beard on the keys.

p01b7h4r.jpg

Jimmy Eat World really only had one big hit in the States but they are much bigger in Europe. They're pervasive in the Phoenix rock scene. Our old drummer was roommates with their guitarist before they made it big, and Jim Atkins plays solo acoustic shows at local bars (we opened for him once and I had no idea who he was :) ). I'm looking forward to talking with Robin about his adventures. They played the above BBC radio show one day and about 36 hours later were in Los Angeles to play Jimmy Kimmel, only to head right back to Europe for their tour. I can only imagine how draining that kind of travel would be.

My buddy Robin is also in Europe on tour with Jimmy Eat World. He's their keyboard player and backup singer for the tour. He's probably the most talented guy I know, classically trained and a master guitarist, pianist and vocalist, and incredible songwriter. He deserves so much more success than what he has had, IMHO, much more than a utility player in another band, but his stuff is just enough outside the mainstream that your average Scottsdale shiny shirt dance club attendee person would just shrug and say "huh?"

That's him with the beard on the keys.

They definitely played at least one of the shows 30STM appeared on.

I remember seeing their name on the list for at least one of the festivals. How cool is it that your friend and my son appeared on the same bill in Europe?

I love it.

Last edited:
My wife found a link to this on the band's facebook page; an acoustic radio performance taped at a well known radio station in Norway; Jamie's on guitar and backup vocal, along with Tomo and there's video of the performance, definitely hit the link to watch it:

http://p3.no/musikk/se-30-seconds-to-mars-hos-p3/

Here's a pic of the session:

It's really fun for me to watch video of this!

And a nice shot of the beach concert in Finland from the band's point of view:

Last edited:
Found this You Tube link, my son playing with the band and an orchestra. It's pretty cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back