A $20K joke?

It's one of special run ESP does annually. They did one for Moore Music, who's a dealer who posts here and has done well by several of our members.

DSC_1043__83849.1656353043.jpg

"Each year, the world-renowned guitar builders at the ESP Custom Shop in Japan are allowed to let their own creativity flow, resulting in a series of guitars that express the ultimate proof of their unequalled skills as designers and creators of custom instruments. The 2022 ESP Exhibition Series represents some of their best work ever, on display as a collection of fine art in the form of musical instruments.

These guitars feature elements like ESP’s most rare and coveted wood stocks, special wood processing, experimental painting techniques, and unique hand-built hardware. Only one of each model has been created. There are 19 of these unique guitars worldwide and Moore Guitars has one!"
I'm having a hard time deciding which one of the two is less appealing.

It’s no doubt an excellently crafted and well playing guitar.

I’ve owned a lot of ESP’s, they were the only guitar company that gave Artist discounts to people in hardcore bands back in the day.

The “F” (or whatever style body shape they call this) is just kinda.. silly lookin’ to me. It looks alright on Tom Araya’s bass though.

The “F” (or whatever style body shape they call this) is just kinda.. silly lookin’ to me.
I've always looked at those and figured someone rolled a doob and said, "I know! Let's make a guitar that looks like Satan designed it when he was in middle school!"

The PRS body shape that appeals most to me is the Santana, though I think the model's double purfling between the pickups becoming a single line on the lower part of the body was an unfortunate design choice. I realize it's part of the tradition, and originally there was a reason for it, but it kills an otherwise perfect work of art. However, I do like the smaller upper horn.

The Singlecuts look great, too.

"Then why do you mostly have the usual double-cuts?"

"I dunno."

I've always looked at those and figured someone rolled a doob and said, "I know! Let's make a guitar that looks like Satan designed it when he was in middle school!"

The PRS body shape that appeals most to me is the Santana, though I think the model's double purfling between the pickups becoming a single line on the lower part of the body was an unfortunate design choice. I realize it's part of the tradition, and originally there was a reason for it, but it kills an otherwise perfect work of art. However, I do like the smaller upper horn.

The Singlecuts look great, too.

"Then why do you mostly have the usual double-cuts?"

"I dunno."
I dunno about smokin’ a doob, I’d think I’d need to puff some angel dust to think that sh!t looks cool.

But yeah, it’s gotta certain vibe to it.

I really feel like you need some prosthetic hooves and a goat’s headpiece to properly pull off that look without lookin’ like a virgin dungeon master.

Anyway.. just pm me your daughter’s addy and I’ll drop off a Santana for you to borrow the next time you visit.

I don't want it but think it's a bit unfair to call it out as a 'joke' - it looks like its very well made from some nice materials (which is why I got into PRS all those years ago). And you know - somewhere on an ESP Forum (and probably on a Gibson Forum and a Fender Forum too) there's similar posts calling out some of the more 'adventurous' Private Stock that'd get a big thumbs up here.

It does not appeal to me, but it is interesting. All it takes is one person who loves it and is willing and able to buy it. There have been some very expensive Private Stocks that hurt my eyes and made we wonder how anyone would have it built on purpose.

I dunno about smokin’ a doob, I’d think I’d need to puff some angel dust to think that sh!t looks cool.

But yeah, it’s gotta certain vibe to it.

I really feel like you need some prosthetic hooves and a goat’s headpiece to properly pull off that look without lookin’ like a virgin dungeon master.

Anyway.. just pm me your daughter’s addy and I’ll drop off a Santana for you to borrow the next time you visit.
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! ;)

I like the finish. The colors work for me. I don't care for the body shape. It's a bit too much.

Back