A $20K joke?

Not really my type of thing, but hey.... whatever floats your boat.
Exactly my thought, kind of like the Dweezil guitar. Or relic’ed new guitars. Or stainless frets. Or four month layaway plans. Some folks love what’s controversial to others. It’s the internet age, where taking offense has become an art form.

Just messing with you, guys. Put down the flamethrowers. ;)

I think the OP's issue was with the color called "Brown Burst", and the obvious scatalogical jokes that could/should follow. If the comments are about the look of the guitar... let's face it, PRS has produced some pretty gaudy specimens over the years (I'm looking at you, MoP Dragons, Carved Eagles, etc.)

I was in the furniture business for a couple years a long time ago. One of the books that was required reading was a book called "Selling Retail" by John Lawhon. In the book he tells the story of this absolutely atrocious green sofa that was so bad everyone couldn't believe the buyer had ordered it. It was the sofa that sales people walked customers by so they could say "can you believe anyone would buy that?"

He said after some time had gone by he told all the salespeople that they weren't allowed to say anything negative about the sofa. Just walk people buy it and ask them what they thought first. His thesis was "Imagine you thing something is beautiful and someone points out how ugly they think it is and how nobody would buy it?" The sofa sold in a relatively quick manner.

I think that's a neat story to drive home the point that there is no accounting for other people's taste. Someone is going to look at that guitar and fall in love. Now whether or not they think it's worth that is a completely different story.

It's one of special run ESP does annually. They did one for Moore Music, who's a dealer who posts here and has done well by several of our members.

DSC_1043__83849.1656353043.jpg

"Each year, the world-renowned guitar builders at the ESP Custom Shop in Japan are allowed to let their own creativity flow, resulting in a series of guitars that express the ultimate proof of their unequalled skills as designers and creators of custom instruments. The 2022 ESP Exhibition Series represents some of their best work ever, on display as a collection of fine art in the form of musical instruments.

These guitars feature elements like ESP’s most rare and coveted wood stocks, special wood processing, experimental painting techniques, and unique hand-built hardware. Only one of each model has been created. There are 19 of these unique guitars worldwide and Moore Guitars has one!"

The ESP booth at winter NAMM always has some crazy cool 1-off guitars.

We are all guilty of the “lemming principle” at varying degrees. Different can make us uneasy. “I wanna guitar just like Jimi’s or Eddie’s or Eric’s or…….”

Or maybe the guitar in the OP is just fuggin’ ugly. I dunno.

Last edited:
The ESP booth at winter NAMM always has some crazy cool 1-off guitars.

We are all guilty of the “lemming principle” at varying degrees. Different can make us uneasy. “I wanna guitar just like Jimi’s or Eddie’s or Eric’s or…….”

Or maybe the guitar in the OP is just fuggin’ ugly. I dunno.

7TwLGbe.jpg

Back