'91CE Strap button "mount"

torqvaw

Recently picked up a '91 CE and noticed that the buttom strap button was somewhat tighter to the body. Got to looking at it closer and after removing the button I discovered that it has a "cutout" in the body for the base to sit in. I've never seen this on my other PRS's. Is this common for older PRS's?
s25zwk.jpg

Wow, yeah that's a new one to me! If it's a problem, you could use some washers to get it back to a more proper position.

Wow. Was hoping that it was a factory thing that was changed. When I received the guitar I noticed the button was sitting at an angle and loose, which is what drew my attention to it. The odd thing is that the base fits perfectly in the cutout like it was made for it. Buying guitars off of eBay can be truly frustrating when sellers don't disclose issues like this :mad:. Although it obviously doesn't affect the function it certainley affects it from a value standpoint.

Looks like the guitar took a fall, right on the button...

You may have nailed it. I thought is was odd that there were no cut marks, but I figured there would also be black paint compressed in there too if it was due to a fall. I guess it could have been removed.

Back