90's PRS CE24 covert to 3 way but don't want splits, what options?

tildeslash

The 5 way rotary is getting cumbersome switching during playing.
I don't want splits so with both vol/tone push/pull - what are the options I can explore and who has the diagram?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah I can keep it simple but figure throw in some push/pull pots for both Vol/Tone and add some additional tones.
I just never cared for splitting humbuckers. I don't like the sound.

Yeah I can keep it simple but figure throw in some push/pull pots for both Vol/Tone and add some additional tones.
I just never cared for splitting humbuckers. I don't like the sound.

Usually the whole point of push/pull etc. switches are for splits and taps...But I guess you could do a blower switch, a kill switch, a sweet switch, or an out of phase switch with just humbuckers.

That sounds like adding switches and I do not want to do that. Thank you for the suggestions.

What Sergio's suggesting can all be done w/push-pulls, I believe. I know the sweet switch can - I've got a guitar with those.

My 06 CU22 is set up without coil splits. One vol, one tone, 3 way, two humbuckers. Super simple! If you're looking for a wiring diagram, can you let us know which pickups you have?

I have a 3-way with tone push-pull on my SE Singlecut. I wired it to have two different tone capacitors (one regular, one 'cocked-wah' value).

Back