85/15 Pickup Swap Custom 24

AdenM

So, I love my 2017 Cu24. It's a beautiful guitar. If I played everything but metal, I'd love the pickups completely (and I do, they sound great from blues to jazz to medium gain), but I find that on a high gain setting, the bridge pickup tends to sound a bit round/unfocused in the low end, so I think it might be time to replace at least the bridge pickup. Typically, my go to is a Seymour Duncan Alternative 8 (don't like ceramics and the Alnico 8 seems to be the sweet spot for me), but I want to keep this guitar as close to original PRS parts as possible. Anyone know of any PRS pickups that are similar? Right now, the Tremonti bridge with its custom magnet seems the best bet, but I see that a couple sites have pre-orders for the HFS available as of this year. Thanks!

I agree. I havent modded my CU24, but I could see swapping pickups.

I’d try the BKP alnico Nailbomb, but if it must be PRS, I might try the SC250 set. You can find them used sometimes.

I have an older ('06) Cu24 with a HFS bridge and wouldn't change it for anything. Some find it a bit too 'in your face', but I think that while it can be quite bold, it is easily tamed and sounds beautiful when done. It is a ceramic magnet IIRC however, but again, I find it to be a very responsive and surprisingly articulate pickup.

Back