85/15 pickup colour codes for wiring?

Yeah they look good.

The top one splits neck to slug and bridge to screw.
The bottom one splits neck to screw and bridge to slug.
If you want to keep the PRS style of splitting both to screw, just wire the bridge split the same as the neck split. Green/White to middle lug of your mini switch, and the bottom lug of switch to ground.
Most people like to split neck to screw since it's closest to the neck for the fullest sound. (Stock PRS wiring)
If you split neck to slug, it will not sound as full, but if you also split bridge to slug, you'll get maximum quack from the middle position.
Some people like to split bridge to slug because it's a little fuller and adds a little more quack to the middle position. It will also be hum cancelling in the middle position.
Others like to split bridge to screw for a sharper sound. It's more scooped like a Tele in the middle position. (Stock PRS wiring)

many many options "mind boggling" to say the least! I really can't get my head around all those options! I wonder if you could spare the time to amend the above image and re-organsie the coding, so that both pickups are split to screw/and vice-versa (slugs)? I could make a token payment if necessary?

NB: thank god I'm not looking for Jimmy Page 4 push/pull operation! (LOL).

Many thanks!
take care.

Last edited:
@garrett - apologies if I offended you somehow - sorry - no reply?

Not at all. Just off doing other things these last few days.

I don't really have time to diagram right now, but all you'd need to change are the bottom two lugs on your coil split switch. White/Green to the center lug and the bottom lug to ground. Should look just like the right side of the mini toggle.

Not at all. Just off doing other things these last few days.

I don't really have time to diagram right now, but all you'd need to change are the bottom two lugs on your coil split switch. White/Green to the center lug and the bottom lug to ground. Should look just like the right side of the mini toggle.
many thanks! - I get that!
Does the red wire stay to left middle though?

@garrett
thanks for invaluable info. mate!
One last request please as I know and appreciate that you are busy with 'other things' at the moment.
Please carefully check over this latest diagram (that I have 'settled' on for my current build). i.e. no errors anywhere?
I have removed the bridge south start (red) 'T' connection and re-routed the wire through the single coil DPDT toggle switch - OK? (see image).
I have re-routed the grounding of the reverse phase toggle switch from bottom right to top left -OK? (see image).
Also confirm that: "coil splits neck to screw and bridge to slug" ?

thanks in advance, I sincerely appreciate your time & effort!

eo48tQr.jpg

@garrett
thanks for invaluable info. mate!
One last request please as I know and appreciate that you are busy with 'other things' at the moment.
Please carefully check over this latest diagram (that I have 'settled' on for my current build). i.e. no errors anywhere?
I have removed the bridge south start (red) 'T' connection and re-routed the wire through the single coil DPDT toggle switch - OK? (see image).
I have re-routed the grounding of the reverse phase toggle switch from bottom right to top left -OK? (see image).
Also confirm that: "coil splits neck to screw and bridge to slug" ?

thanks in advance, I sincerely appreciate your time & effort!

eo48tQr.jpg

Here's the cleanest way to accomplish that...

IsIFCGf.jpg

@garrett

Hey, either the guitarelectronics diagram is wrong or the colour coding of the pickup wires is wrong OR both? Problem is; I am not getting anything from the neck pickup and it sounds like single coil and phase reverse. split switch acting like kill switch and phase switch not making much difference in either position? No, "in phase" humbucker warm tones! Don't know if you could possible suggest what's happened here?
Many thanks in advance!

Anyone please feel free to chip in with advice also!

B.T.W. ...these are G&B SP85/15 BNU-Z + SP85/15 TNU-Z pickups. I can't actually see an "S" printed on them anywhere though! Is it possible that they could be designated "S" even though it's not printed on them (back or front). I pulled them out (again) and tested them on a multimeter, with the result that the colour code does not match what you had previously supplied in this thread?
xuw41TJ.gif

my pickups:

r9Ff0Tp.jpg

Qo1Zt6k.jpg

reply from guitarelectronics:

"If you have standard 4 wire humbuckers, the coil split will cut both humbuckers in to single coils and can be selected individually rt together with the pickup selector. The diagram has been downloaded and used thousands of time over the past decade and the correct results have been achieved, so if you are not getting the same settings there is something out of whack. The method of coil splitting is a bit non traditional in order to select opposite coils for hum canceling which may be where you need to take a look as that may be the source of your neck setting problems".

can anyone figure out the north/south - start/finish from this diagram?
Meflr8v.jpg

I know the green & red are a pair, and the white & black are also a pair. I suspect the red/green pair are the south screw, and the black/white pair are the north slug. "BUT!" can't determine which is the positive, and which is the negative in each case?

ZLYKUzU.gif

Last edited:
Look what I just found/coincidence or what? G&B with the same coding as Seymour Duncan:

Ia4JEdF.jpg

Back