'80's Rock & Roll Playlist

Whatever happened to Aldo?

Dude got pissed at the record execs kept trying to push him to do more commercial material, so he quit the scene and became a writer for Celine Dion and a few other Canadian artists. Call it hypocrisy or dark fate but he ended up in Pop anyway.

Gotta admit, he was was all the rage for a hot minute as a hard rockin' Italian in leopard spandex.:p

Only on someone that thinks "Brick House" is from the 80's....o_O
..... or is even "Rock & Roll".

;)

Hmm...you are correct..."Brick House" is from 1977...my eyes looked at "Nightshift" from '85 and misread the year. Gotta say the song is a danceable tune, if only an R&B/Soul one...

I don’t know, but April Wine is playing a little 800 seat theater close to me next month.

Now that sounds like a good deal there, as good as seeing Y&T at a small Bay Area spot which happens periodically. I always considered them similar (not musically) but both kickazz bands that never got huge recognition.

Now that sounds like a good deal there, as good as seeing Y&T at a small Bay Area spot which happens periodically. I always considered them similar (not musically) but both kickazz bands that never got huge recognition.

I dig Y&T, too. Saw them way back in '85, or '86. They opened for Twisted Sister. They also play at that same little 800 seat theater every year. I need to make sure I go, one of these years!

Any 80's Rock & Roll list has to include Aldo Nova!!!

qNThmKW.gif

Aldo Nova!!! OH HELL YES!!!

A lot of great suggestions! But no matter what you choose...you must...and I repeat...YOU MUST have at least one by the CLASH!
Something by the Cult needs to be in there too.

The Cult is definitely on the menu, I just need to figure out which song to use.

The Clash songs I like the best are the one's from the 1970's. What do you recommend from the '80's that isn't Rock The Casbah or Should I Stay Or Should I go?

Back