$8,000?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tremontinator, May 11, 2019.

1. Tremontinator

Tremontinator Banned

Good thoughts here. Very good.

I might my 2018 SE Tremonti Custom and swapped to USA Tremonti signature pickups and Mann Made locking tuners and now the USA nut.

The fing tremolo bridge just will not stay in fing tune. I'm tired of it. I don't want to dick with it anymore. I love the guitar, it's the best guitar that I've ever owned but, I'm just tired of the damn tremolo bridge nonsense.

I love tremolos. I love divebombs, I love trem flutters. But, I'm just over it. Y'know? It sucks to have to give it up but, I use it so rarely anyways. I've ever heard that FRs and Schallers have mild tuning problems.

IDK.

2. Micky!

Micky! Dragon trainer

Try a core model with a trem, you will have a better opinion of the PRS trem system ;)

I owned a std 22 in the past, but I wanted to try the PRS trem. So I picked an old CE22, and it's definitely a win.

#62 Micky!, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  3. ViperDoc

ViperDoc Plugged In.

RIGHT???!!!

4. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules New and improved member

Either, A) put a Mann bridge on it, or B) block the trem! If you love the guitar, either of these should fix it. Preferably A since you love a trem.

5. garrett

garrett Lurkin'

I lived in Australia for two years. My GAS was never lower!

6. Tremontinator

Tremontinator Banned

Eh. I'm over it. I'll probably block it for a while but, ultimately, I'm just tired of dealing with it

7. Callan

Callan hack guitarist..

I'm late to the party, but I picked up my SC245 last year second hand and it's still as awesome as the day it was made, even though it's now 6 years old - it shouldn't be that hard to find one second hand?

markd21 likes this.
  8. Tremontinator

Tremontinator Banned

Yeah, I'm guessing you're right.

I haven't thought much about used just cause I know it's a crap shoot. You never know when some A-hole is going to sell you some clapped out POS that looks good in photos but, has wiring issues, a twisted neck, shorted pickups, and an output jack filled with cottage cheese.