$8,000?!?!?!?!

No probs Dude.

As @Micky! has said, you can get some great US made Tremonti's with the adjustable Stop tail for very reasonable prices. You may be limited on colour and top choice which you may have more choice if looking at 'New' guitars. The advantage of buying used is that you can use some of the budget you may have had for a new guitar to purchase the Pick-ups you were looking for. It should work out cheaper to go the used route and replace the Pick-ups than it will be to buy new and settle for the stock Tremonti PU's.

Being so particular over what you want has limited you to a Tremonti to get 95% of the way to your 'necessities', the things that you are not willing to compromise on. The next closest from PRS is the 594 but you can't really do a lot with the neck - not unless you are prepared to sand it down to the Pattern Thin dimensions. At least with the Tremonti, you can get an adjustable bridge - just not a 2 piece - and you can swap PU's and TRC so you get 99% (1% off for the single instead of 2 piece adjustable bridge.

If you want a 24 fret Guitar, if you have the budget for a 'new' Tremonti but buy used and swap the PU's/TRC, you could add an SE 24 fret (even a Standard or maybe a Holcombe if you prefer a fixed bridge, flatter fretboard, 25.5" scale length 24 fret guitar) as well. It may not be everything you look for for your primary guitar but you could add it as a secondary, something 'different' to give you a wider palette to paint your music with, expand your playing experience. As I did, I bought the most 'comfortable' PRS to my playing - having played Les Paul's all my electric playing life, it made most sense to start with the 594. The 509 was pushing me outside of my 'comfort zone' as it had the longer Scale length, trem bridge, master tone/volume, blade switch and mini-toggles - numerous things that were not within my everyday experience, things none of my electrics ever had (not saying I had never tried a 25.5" trem bridge guitar, just that I had never owned or lived with these everyday). To me, these were polar opposites but I needed that to break out of that box, the box that meant I could only play and live with LP's or guitars based around the LP set-up. It opened up my palette!

Maybe you could do that more 'cheaply' than the route I took by looking at the SE line, buying a guitar that is different to your LP type requirements - if not today but in the future. It could open up more 'choice'. I know mine is still limited by my 'need' to buy only Red Guitars but at least I am not quite as limited by other factors - like Bridge type, needing separate controls for tone and volume etc. I still prefer a fixed bridge with independent tone/volume controls on a Double Humbucker guitar but at least I don't have to have these or I won't buy.

Good thoughts here. Very good.

I might my 2018 SE Tremonti Custom and swapped to USA Tremonti signature pickups and Mann Made locking tuners and now the USA nut.

The fing tremolo bridge just will not stay in fing tune. I'm tired of it. I don't want to dick with it anymore. I love the guitar, it's the best guitar that I've ever owned but, I'm just tired of the damn tremolo bridge nonsense.

I love tremolos. I love divebombs, I love trem flutters. But, I'm just over it. Y'know? It sucks to have to give it up but, I use it so rarely anyways. I've ever heard that FRs and Schallers have mild tuning problems.

IDK.

Try a core model with a trem, you will have a better opinion of the PRS trem system ;)

I owned a std 22 in the past, but I wanted to try the PRS trem. So I picked an old CE22, and it's definitely a win.

Last edited:
Good thoughts here. Very good.

I might my 2018 SE Tremonti Custom and swapped to USA Tremonti signature pickups and Mann Made locking tuners and now the USA nut.

The fing tremolo bridge just will not stay in fing tune. I'm tired of it. I don't want to dick with it anymore. I love the guitar, it's the best guitar that I've ever owned but, I'm just tired of the damn tremolo bridge nonsense.

I love tremolos. I love divebombs, I love trem flutters. But, I'm just over it. Y'know? It sucks to have to give it up but, I use it so rarely anyways. I've ever heard that FRs and Schallers have mild tuning problems.

IDK.

Either, A) put a Mann bridge on it, or B) block the trem! If you love the guitar, either of these should fix it. Preferably A since you love a trem.

As nice as the guitars are in these links, I don't get GAS because I know that importing to the UK, the cost as well as the costs if something isn't as advertised, that is a great cure for GAS. I am not ready to see a Special 22 in Fire Red Burst for sale in the UK as I am still in 'save' mode to be in a position to buy. I am GASsing hard enough over one of these even in different colours to my preferred colour let alone if someone posts a link to a Tremonti (or other model) in Fire Red.

At least the OP has choices to decide on their future purchase. That tobacco burst though does look good and no wonder it got you drooling.

I totally agree with you Mozzi, international shipping cost and import duties in Europe help a lot to manage GAS crisis.

I lived in Australia for two years. My GAS was never lower!

Wish they still made the SC245. IIRC, it was just a Tremonti sig with different pickups in it. I think. IDR...
I'm late to the party, but I picked up my SC245 last year second hand and it's still as awesome as the day it was made, even though it's now 6 years old - it shouldn't be that hard to find one second hand?

I'm late to the party, but I picked up my SC245 last year second hand and it's still as awesome as the day it was made, even though it's now 6 years old - it shouldn't be that hard to find one second hand?

Yeah, I'm guessing you're right.

I haven't thought much about used just cause I know it's a crap shoot. You never know when some A-hole is going to sell you some clapped out POS that looks good in photos but, has wiring issues, a twisted neck, shorted pickups, and an output jack filled with cottage cheese.

Back