74 today! Think I'll build a guitar!

Thank you! Things are definitely slowing down but there's still some gas in the tank.
I have the year-end banquet with our m/c race club this Saturday. Not sure but I think I'm the oldest active racer in our club. Most everybody else is well under 40 or early 40's. I love hanging with these youngsters, even moreso when I can almost still run close with them on the track! The only thing I have trouble with is when I take out a guitar at night and they want to hear some of that stuff they call music these days. I have no problem with alternative bands and progressive rock (not going to touch on the super bass boom box trunk stereo s**t :D ), but that's kinda hard for me to do solo.

I have the year-end banquet with our m/c race club this Saturday. Not sure but I think I'm the oldest active racer in our club. Most everybody else is well under 40 or early 40's. I love hanging with these youngsters, even moreso when I can almost still run close with them on the track! The only thing I have trouble with is when I take out a guitar at night and they want to hear some of that stuff they call music these days. I have no problem with alternative bands and progressive rock (not going to touch on the super bass boom box trunk stereo s**t :D ), but that's kinda hard for me to do solo.
I hear you. A recorded “song” isn’t so much written and performed as it is ASSEMBLED these days. I’d rather listen to Americana and Bluegrass.

I hear you. A recorded “song” isn’t so much written and performed as it is ASSEMBLED these days. I’d rather listen to Americana and Bluegrass.
That's why I stick to more simple easy listening singer/songwriter stuff in that type of gathering. I can run a small modeling amp with my generator and the 5th wheel in my pit area and just play and sing without getting really involved; or I can just play acoustically. Can throw in a few riffs and runs of some popular R&R songs but without more players and /or accompaniment devices it's hard to do. At least for me it is. Playing in the evening relaxes me, I don't want to do a full gear thing, I'm there primarily to race, not gig.

That's why I stick to more simple easy listening singer/songwriter stuff in that type of gathering. I can run a small modeling amp with my generator and the 5th wheel in my pit area and just play and sing without getting really involved; or I can just play acoustically. Can throw in a few riffs and runs of some popular R&R songs but without more players and /or accompaniment devices it's hard to do. At least for me it is. Playing in the evening relaxes me, I don't want to do a full gear thing, I'm there primarily to race, not gig.
Me too. I like everyone from Hal Ketchum to Alison Krauss to Ruth Moody.to Randy Travis.

I do play rock (and blues)...but I don't listen to it much unless it's Jeff Beck or some other genius.

Last edited:
Well the Roasted Swamp Ash body came yesterday and the new Warmoth neck fits perfectly!

I've only just received them so I'm playing around with pickguard colors today.

I have this old celluloid brown tortoise that's brand new. I like it!

This red tortoise pickguard is a nice look too.
White perloid would look much better! But, really digging the body and neck even as is.

Last edited:
Back