7 String PRS PS

WiredGuitarist

Authorized PRS dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Anyone own one? Would love to see some! I've seen a few floating around over the last 8 - 10 years or so but nothing too new.

I know of at least one that belongs to a forum member, maybe two. I imagine they will see this and share some images. Great looking axes!!

Do these one-offs count?
Kevin
AheOBX3.jpg
a886db17a618ed7b17808fdcfb577619.jpg

BTW. I DON'T own one.... But Mark and Dusty do!!!
Nah, I haven't even started my build yet, still trying to grok tone woods. Right now all I understand is the difference between maple and mahogany, don't even get rosewood or swamp ash or alder or ziricote or...

Last edited:
You don't have any tuning issues with the D string?
Forgive me for asking this - I'm honestly just trying to understand.

I'm not that poster, but I don't understand this question, or perhaps I should phrase that as "I don't understand the intent behind this question". I can't think of any PRSi that in general have tuning issues on particular strings. I have an SE 7 string and don't have tuning issues, on the D or any other string. And I can't imagine a Private Stock ever existing that had even the slight hint of thinking about the merest possibility of a tuning issue.

What in particular makes you so interested in the D string? Is that the problematic string for 7-string guitars in general?

Funny you should ask that, I had the same question, only in my case, I phrased the question thusly: "You mean B string, don't you?"

I just assumed it was a typo.

Forgive me for asking this - I'm honestly just trying to understand.

I'm not that poster, but I don't understand this question, or perhaps I should phrase that as "I don't understand the intent behind this question". I can't think of any PRSi that in general have tuning issues on particular strings. I have an SE 7 string and don't have tuning issues, on the D or any other string. And I can't imagine a Private Stock ever existing that had even the slight hint of thinking about the merest possibility of a tuning issue.

What in particular makes you so interested in the D string? Is that the problematic string for 7-string guitars in general?

Thanks for asking!!!! Well I jus noticed that the angle of the string from the nut to the tunning peg. To my eye seemed a bit extreme... But it could be the overall angel of the way the picture was taken. I was wondering because I dream of a guitar like that. But I jus need to find a way to keep it under 10k

Tho I do own a sc254, it had the old vintage tuners on it that thing was horrible at holding a tunning on the G, B strings. So I changed them all out the love that guitar it's actually the only 6 string electric I own.

Last edited:
T
Funny you should ask that, I had the same question, only in my case, I phrased the question thusly: "You mean B string, don't you?"

I just assumed it was a typo.
: ) that guitar is 25.5 inch scale.. not the standard 25 inch of the run of the mill PRS .

Back