60th anniversary PRS @ Thomann

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Tullin, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Tullin

Tullin New Member

As I was doing research on EMGs in PRS guitars I found the 60th anniversary Tremonti availible at Thomann loaded with the 81/85 set. After checking out the 60th guitars I do like them, especially the tiger eye black burst tremonti. Well except for the chrome emg in the neck/black in the bridge... Just thought I'd share and see if anyone has tried any of the models? Any opinions?
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?sw=prs+60th&bn=&gk=

[​IMG]

Here are some others:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#1 Tullin, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  2. andy474x

andy474x Knows the Drill

Can't help you out with that one, but I will say, that tobacco burst quilt custom is CRAZY!!!

3. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Get in, loser, we’re going shopping.

Whoa! I must've slept longer than I thought last night!

4. Whitecat

Whitecat Goes home to Starla

You gotta be careful with Thomann though... if there are any variations in tops, you may not get the one you want.

I agree, that quilt is the nicest I've ever seen on an SE and if it's a veneer I suppose there's a better chance they all look like that.

But when you order they just send you a sealed box from the top of the warehouse stack.

5. Tullin

Tullin New Member

At these prices though I'd be surprised if they were anything but veneer :D

6. Egads

Egads Happy

I had to go checkout WHO'S 60 anniversary!

Yes, very cool. I'm sure those are veneer over maple on mahogany. Looking good.

7. LJD

LJD New Member

8. AaeCee

AaeCee New Member

^^^^^LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Paul looks great for his age if that's the case!

9. maxtuna26

maxtuna26 New Member

The sunburst Custom 24 and 24-7 are killer-looking!

Actually, all SEs' tops are figured veneers on a solid maple top. Veneers don't give you that same look on all guitars because they're real wood after all. Those "same look on every guitar" thing were the image-tops/foto-flame thing.

10. Whitecat

Whitecat Goes home to Starla

I reckoned they were veneers but Thomann describes them as 'tops' ... just erring on the side of caution.

Veneers can be more consistent because you get more of them out of a single block of figured wood... my Godin 5th Avenue Jazz is a laminate maple top and the shop I got it from had two with virtually the exact same figuring down to the mineral streaks... ostensibly because the two layers that ended up on the top of the lam were thin and both cut from the same bit of wood.

But if veneered guitars to tend to be different, all the more reason to be cautious with a Thomann order - don't expect the guitar in the picture!