60th anniversary PRS @ Thomann

Tullin

As I was doing research on EMGs in PRS guitars I found the 60th anniversary Tremonti availible at Thomann loaded with the 81/85 set. After checking out the 60th guitars I do like them, especially the tiger eye black burst tremonti. Well except for the chrome emg in the neck/black in the bridge... Just thought I'd share and see if anyone has tried any of the models? Any opinions?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?sw=prs+60th&bn=&gk=

8076881_800.jpg

Here are some others:
8074712_800.jpg
8074517_800.jpg
8106059_800.jpg
8077026_800.jpg

Last edited:
You gotta be careful with Thomann though... if there are any variations in tops, you may not get the one you want.

I agree, that quilt is the nicest I've ever seen on an SE and if it's a veneer I suppose there's a better chance they all look like that.

But when you order they just send you a sealed box from the top of the warehouse stack.

You gotta be careful with Thomann though... if there are any variations in tops, you may not get the one you want.

I agree, that quilt is the nicest I've ever seen on an SE and if it's a veneer I suppose there's a better chance they all look like that.

But when you order they just send you a sealed box from the top of the warehouse stack.

At these prices though I'd be surprised if they were anything but veneer :D

I had to go checkout WHO'S 60 anniversary!

Yes, very cool. I'm sure those are veneer over maple on mahogany. Looking good.

^^^^^LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Paul looks great for his age if that's the case!

The sunburst Custom 24 and 24-7 are killer-looking!

Actually, all SEs' tops are figured veneers on a solid maple top. Veneers don't give you that same look on all guitars because they're real wood after all. Those "same look on every guitar" thing were the image-tops/foto-flame thing.

The sunburst Custom 24 and 24-7 are killer-looking!

Actually, all SEs' tops are figured veneers on a solid maple top. Veneers don't give you that same look on all guitars because they're real wood after all. Those "same look on every guitar" thing were the image-tops/foto-flame thing.

I reckoned they were veneers but Thomann describes them as 'tops' ... just erring on the side of caution.

Veneers can be more consistent because you get more of them out of a single block of figured wood... my Godin 5th Avenue Jazz is a laminate maple top and the shop I got it from had two with virtually the exact same figuring down to the mineral streaks... ostensibly because the two layers that ended up on the top of the lam were thin and both cut from the same bit of wood.

But if veneered guitars to tend to be different, all the more reason to be cautious with a Thomann order - don't expect the guitar in the picture!

Back