594 Vs DGT Neck

Dondante

Anyone have both or have owned both? Thoughts? I am really itching for a LP sounding guitar(I will def get a DC though)

I Own a DGT

How close are the necks?

I do not have a dealer close to try out.

I have both. I don't think there is a drastic difference between the two. I notice the fret difference more, but still not enough to cause me grief. I can tell you this; there is something magical about the 594 neck. Lots of people have commented on how it feels like an old friend, a broken in baseball mitt, etc. It just feels so right! It's a subtle difference. Not like going from Wide Thin to Wide Fat.

The DGT has jumbo-ish frets. The 594 may have the same frets, but they're "rounded" a little to simulate age. I played them both yesterday, and didn't notice it. I'm really not all that particular about necks, but I find the 594 to be my favorite, followed closely by the DGT, and then Santana.

Last edited:
I have both. I like both, but they are different. The 594 neck feels a little more "chunky", but in a very good way.

There is a measurable difference as far as nut width. By my measurements, the 594 is 3/64" wider string spacing than the DGT.

I agree with Bodia and Trio. My 594 feels a hair ‘chunkier’, but ‘in a good way’ because asymmetrical. Both are great necks that work very well for me. This probably goes without saying, but the bigger difference between the models is between the pickups and switching.

Ok .I sold the dgt and ordered the 594 .I hated the controls on the DGT and I miss having a hard tail. My favorite guitar was a pre lawsuit SC. So I'm looking for that vibe without the extra wood. I also dog LP style guitar pick up switch locations .I loved the way the DGT played. The neck was fine.

I already own:
Custom 24 reclaimed
89 U.S Stratocaster

So I think this is the perfect fit.

Ok .I sold the dgt and ordered the 594 .I hated the controls on the DGT and I miss having a hard tail. My favorite guitar was a pre lawsuit SC. So I'm looking for that vibe without the extra wood. I also dog LP style guitar pick up switch locations .I loved the way the DGT played. The neck was fine.

I already own:
Custom 24 reclaimed
89 U.S Stratocaster

So I think this is the perfect fit.

I think you'll really like the 594.

Back