594 VS 59 Les Paul…. Questions

If it ain't broke...

On the other hand, if you were to buy an extra bridge and saddles, and see if there was an improvement, as long as you don't toss the original, nothing much is lost. Except...uh...money.

And what's a few bucks compared to tiny tone improvements if you're a tone freak like we both seem to be? ;)
Now that makes lots of sense! :cool:

I should add that I'm not changing the saddles on my McCarty SC or 594. I'm happy with the way they sound.

But I'll admit, at this point simply not having problems that force me to dick around with my guitars is worth it weight in gold. I don't know if I'm just lazy, old, or both.

"Both."

"Yeah, probably so."

I should add that I'm not changing the saddles on my McCarty SC or 594. I'm happy with the way they sound.

But I'll admit, at this point simply not having problems that force me to dick around with my guitars is worth it weight in gold. I don't know if I'm just lazy, old, or both.

"Both."

"Yeah, probably so."
Well said sir....... Well said

The problem I have with the block saddles are the width of the grooves, works fine on bigger diameter strings but the g b and e have to much room and this was causing a serious sitar sound especially on the g , the new saddle’s have smaller grooves, this was my experience and the new saddle solved the problem

The problem I have with the block saddles are the width of the grooves, works fine on bigger diameter strings but the g b and e have to much room and this was causing a serious sitar sound especially on the g , the new saddle’s have smaller grooves, this was my experience and the new saddle solved the problem

Have you noticed any difference in physical comfort on the hand?

The transition to the new saddles seems to have been slow. I’ve seen mid-2020 594s with the old saddles.

Thanks for your reply and the valuable info! :cool:

I
If it ain't broke...

On the other hand, if you were to buy an extra bridge and saddles, and see if there was an improvement, as long as you don't toss the original, nothing much is lost. Except...uh...money.

And what's a few bucks compared to tiny tone improvements if you're a tone freak like we both seem to be? ;)

I just ordered the new style bridge with updated saddles. I'll give it a try. What the hell. $80+tax for tone chasing...... small price to pay. I'll keep you all updated when I make the change. ;)

I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of a 594 and stumbled on this thread. I enjoyed the video where Tim Pierce and Howard Leese compared a 57 and 59 Les Paul with a PRS McCarty and a 594. It got me thinking. Tim Pierce should do a similar comparison video with Kirk Hammett and his Greeny.

Back