594 Soapbar Thread

László

Too Many Notes
In the great tradition of MA Pete, I figured I'd start a thread for the 594 Soapy.

I've already posted an NGD thread, so I won't bother with details and pics, but I figured other 594 Soapy players would enjoy something like this, so have at it!

Mine's absolute gold. Gold, I tell you! Uh...Black Gold, that is... ;)

So one thing I've noticed with this guitar is how it rings out so strongly acoustically. Whether that comes down to the hardware and nut, and/or other factors is something I'm not equipped to guess on; maybe it's just a really good individual guitar overall.

The note definition on chords - the "string to string" stuff - is fantastic. I've never played a guitar this well-defined. All the pitches ring out audibly.

So much so that if a string isn't in tune, you REALLY hear it. Which is great! You need an accurate tuner with a very good readout, at least with the one I have, because everything that's off is clearly audible.

This is a fantastic instrument.

He's a better man than I. :)

Plus his guitars are better-looking!

But here's mine, for anyone interested. It's the one on the PRS website:

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/core/mccarty_594_soapbar_2017

What the heck, I'll pay it forward...

mccarty_soapbar_2017_straight1.png

mccarty_soapbar_2017_photo1.jpg

mccarty_soapbar_2017_photo3.jpg

mccarty_soapbar_2017_photo4.jpg

mccarty_soapbar_2017_photo5.jpg

My question might sounds silly, I have no experience in P90's but I've heard many demos and songs,
so can the split HB on a 594 get close to P90's realm or it's a different ball game altogether?

Last edited:
Back