594-Semi now or wait for HBII?

SlapTappy

So I have a solid deal for a brand new 594 Semi Hollow 10-top. It's a black friday deal so may not last long. I played the semi-hollow side-by-side with my 594 solidbody and the the semi just had that sweet soft woodiness. But I know the 594 HBII is right around the corner...I've never played a PRS HBII of any variety so I don't really know how they compare, but reading through previous threads suggests that all the positive attributes that come with the semi-hollows are even more accentuated in the fully hollow varieties. I'm tempted, but should I wait to play a HBII before committing? Seeing as the semi-hollows were a limited run, there may not be any left by then. What a pickle.

A 594SH in the hand is worth a 594HBII in the new year? I’d never put a guitar in the bush - too many scratches.

I would suspect you could still buy a SH down the road, but more likely a used one. If one is available now that you’ve already played and you like it, then I’d say go for it! The 594HBII are in production while the SH are not. So you have more time to wait on those.

I’d never put a guitar in the bush - too many scratches.

7xmVlbJ.jpg

A 594SH in the hand is worth a 594HBII in the new year? I’d never put a guitar in the bush - too many scratches.

I would suspect you could still buy a SH down the road, but more likely a used one. If one is available now that you’ve already played and you like it, then I’d say go for it! The 594HBII are in production while the SH are not. So you have more time to wait on those.

I guess this makes the most sense. Why miss out on a great guitar now for something later I don't know if I'll prefer? It's just the vast majority of people in previous threads seem to prefer fully hollow to semi hollow PRS. Impossible for me to know until I compare them directly.

I guess this makes the most sense. Why miss out on a great guitar now for something later I don't know if I'll prefer? It's just the vast majority of people in previous threads seem to prefer fully hollow to semi hollow PRS. Impossible for me to know until I compare them directly.
I like both semi-hollow and full hollowbody - they each have their purposes, strengths, and weaknesses. So don't be too concerned - if you really like the sound of the semi-hollow, go for it!

This is a pretty personal question.

A hollow body is a very different guitar. The difference between it and the semi hollow is much great than the difference between the semi hollow and a solid body. If I was getting one more guitar that put me in a different tonal space, I would get a hollow body.

I’m a hollow body fan though. Super light, different feel, very different sound, especially with a piezo. I bought a semi hollow after I had a pair of hollow bodies.

Back