594 Semi Hollow or those other guys

88prs

OCD for PRS
I have a chance to trade in one of those other guys '58 re-issues on an awesome looking Copperhead 594 semi-hollow double cut. I have never played a 594 but it seems like I can't go wrong from the you-tubes they sound awesome. Is Semi-hollow a good choice because my second choice at the store is a solid double cut. Yes, the store is on-line so no way to play it first.

So,,,, go for it?

I have a chance to trade in one of those other guys '58 re-issues on an awesome looking Copperhead 594 semi-hollow double cut. I have never played a 594 but it seems like I can't go wrong from the you-tubes they sound awesome. Is Semi-hollow a good choice because my second choice at the store is a solid double cut. Yes, the store is on-line so no way to play it first.

So,,,, go for it?

That's a really tough call. I personally own an R7 but I also love the R8's quite a bit.

Honestly if it's me, I probably don't do that trade. and just buy a SH594. There's still some out there, although it's getting scarce.

I will say the R8 has about doubled in price so I would never probably buy one again.... hmmm..... maybe just buy it IS the way to go.

I would happily take the DC Semi-Hollow!! They are killer guitars and the Semi-hollow reduces the weight down more - not that they are heavy anyway compared to some guitars!! You cannot go wrong with the Semi-hollow!!!

Only pick up that gorgeous Semi-Hollow 594 if you are ok with neglecting all other guitars you own and day dreaming about it constantly...not that that's what happened to me or anything...

Well, I hope it's still there in a week or so... putting Lester on Reverb and Craigs to get way more than on trade, and will enjoy this even more.... or, there is always Affirm!

Very nice one and Willcutt is great to deal with. Consider calling/email them to place the order instead of doing everything online, they'll take care of you ;-)

Since the SH594 could be ordered until August 31st 2018 some new ones are still trickling in given the 1 year lead time for Core models, but that won't last much longer.
I bought a new one that left the factory this July, it's light at 7lbs (with RW neck) but not at all neck heavy like the HB I/II are.

Stunning guitar and Willcutts is great.
Call them and buy it!!

Back