594 semi-hollow incoming... thoughts?

I was just playing my semi hollow 594 this morning and it blows me away every time I pick it up, it’s easily the best sounding and most resonant guitar I have ever played. I like it so much I’m thinking of picking up a solid body single cut for variety!

I have a 594 solid body, but I still want to find a 594 semi hollow after getting a SSH. Light and resonant.

Get well quick bud!

Sorry to hear, I hope you heal up soon!

This just proves my theory: Sports are bad for you.

Have another friend who offed up his knee ... Curling ... of all things.
Thanks fellas. Oddly, I haven’t played ball in 10 years. Aggravated it slapping the floor trying to snap the dementia riddled old dog out of a barking frenzy. He just stares off and barks for no reason, and a loud noise usually gets him back.

Well, I’ve got one with a maple neck, but I’ve been in a left hand (thumb) brace since a week after I got it. Wish I could tell you something sweet about it. Sure looks good!

Bummer, so sorry to hear that!!

To clmazza's question - I think they are great! I had a DC 594 SH Private Stock back in 2016, it was amazing! It didn't have an F-Hole. Of all the DC 594s I owned in the 2016-2017 timeframe, that was one of my favorites. I have also owned 2 (currently still have one) SC 594 SH, they are great too.

I have been keeping my eye out for a DC 594 SH that floats my boat, I would like to have one again eventually. ;)

Welcome to the 594 SH club! I just joined last month. Some ideas on what to expect:

Some of my thoughts on it:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/you-say-goodbye-and-i-say-hello-ngd.42297/#post-540677 and tone notes in post #8

Some of my questions on the 58/15LT pickups:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/594-owners-your-thoughts-on-the-58-15-lts.42700/#post-548718

As has been noted in this thread: It's incredibly resonant, and harmonics just leap outta this guitar.

I think you'll be happy, It's a remarkable guitar, and it's different enough from the other core models that i don't think I'm duplicating anything I already own. It has its own sound.

=K

Last edited:
Back