594 replacement nut

Elliot

Gandalf the Vintage Yellow
I have a ted dc 245 and I'm thinking of replacing my nut with a 594 nut. Mostly cosmetic but I'd be happy if the g string buzz resolves too. Lo and behold they aren't available on the PRS site. Anyone know where to grab one of these? Does John Mann sell them?

Is there anything prohibitive about putting a 594 nut on my DC 245. The neck width should be exactly the same at the nut between the two guitars.

If you call ( email ) PTC they could help you since 594 are pretty new I am thinking that none have worn out the nut yet so no need to have them on the site

@Rider1260 i hope so. I was worried that because I don't actually have a 594 they might not be willing to give me the 594 nut.

Unfortunately the 594 bone nut is not for sale. If there is a warranty situation, we can take care of it at the factory, but replacement bone nuts are not for sale. Sorry.

Unfortunately the 594 bone nut is not for sale. If there is a warranty situation, we can take care of it at the factory, but replacement bone nuts are not for sale. Sorry.

Yeah that's what I was afraid you'd say. I probably wouldn't want to spend the cash for shipping and PTC work just for a bone nut. In a few years, I'd bet this will become a bit of a problem for 594 owners. Is it possible that you'll offer these up on the site in a few years?

Thanks for the info Shawn. Solana, man. I'm thinking Solana burst could even be a better option

Yeah that's what I was afraid you'd say. I probably wouldn't want to spend the cash for shipping and PTC work just for a bone nut. In a few years, I'd bet this will become a bit of a problem for 594 owners. Is it possible that you'll offer these up on the site in a few years?

Thanks for the info Shawn. Solana, man. I'm thinking Solana burst could even be a better option

Paul doesn't like to sell parts really, his main focus is on complete guitars and amps. Eventually we need to sell replacement parts so that folks have access, but that usually takes 3-5 years after the new part is introduced. Thanks

You can get a bone nut from just about anywhere. Bring the guitar to a trusted luthier in your town.

Paul doesn't like to sell parts really, his main focus is on complete guitars and amps. Eventually we need to sell replacement parts so that folks have access, but that usually takes 3-5 years after the new part is introduced. Thanks
I imagine he would rather sell a guitar instead of a replacement part but you are doing your customers a disservice if you do not offer parts once a product hits the street.

Your traditional black nuts are available yet now you make them in white and they are unavailable. This makes no sense to me. I have a private stock with a bone nut and prefer the stock type nut on trem guitars and have zero option for change. So I can replace with a stock black nut and throw the look of the guitar off completely (In this particular case) because a white nut is not available? Because Paul would rather sell guitars instead of parts? I already bought the Private Stock. ;)

It sure would be great to get a White Pattern Regular nut so I can maintain the look. :)

Let me add: If you would like to send the guitar to the PTC, we can install a bone nut and do a set up with a new set of strings.
here is a link to get the project started: http://prsguitars.com/ptc/contact/

I imagine he would rather sell a guitar instead of a replacement part but you are doing your customers a disservice if you do not offer parts once a product hits the street.

Your traditional black nuts are available yet now you make them in white and they are unavailable. This makes no sense to me. I have a private stock with a bone nut and prefer the stock type nut on trem guitars and have zero option for change. So I can replace with a stock black nut and throw the look of the guitar off completely (In this particular case) because a white nut is not available? Because Paul would rather sell guitars instead of parts? I already bought the Private Stock. ;)

It sure would be great to get a White Pattern Regular nut so I can maintain the look. :)

Shawn addressed your concerns above. See my quotes. If you spend 10k for a private stock with a bone nut and something happens to the nut, I’d bet my left nut you could call the PTC and work something out.

He’s not trying to cheat anyone but they don’t want to make the bone nuts available just everyone who wants one, like me... yet.

Shawn addressed your concerns above. See my quotes. If you spend 10k for a private stock with a bone nut and something happens to the nut, I’d bet my left nut you could call the PTC and work something out.

He’s not trying to cheat anyone but they don’t want to make the bone nuts available just everyone who wants one, like me... yet.

I don't want a bone nut. The guitar has a trem and I want the traditional nut in white. The original bone nut was cut poorly and the guitar wouldn't stay in tune for anything. I already have went around this block and sent it back and the new nut was better but I still had issues. I put a traditional black nut on it and problem solved. The only problem is the black nut ruins the look of the guitar. A white nut would bring back the right look and solve the issues I had with the bone nuts. So no, not interested in a bone nut whatsoever. :)

I don't want a bone nut. The guitar has a trem and I want the traditional nut in white. The original bone nut was cut poorly and the guitar wouldn't stay in tune for anything. I already have went around this block and sent it back and the new nut was better but I still had issues. I put a traditional black nut on it and problem solved. The only problem is the black nut ruins the look of the guitar. A white nut would bring back the right look and solve the issues I had with the bone nuts. So no, not interested in a bone nut whatsoever. :)

I wasn’t aware prs made a white nut that isn’t bone.

We used to offer an off-white, synthetic nut, but it has long since been discontinued. Our new formula (with the bronze filings mixed in) is only available in black. A bone nut is not the best option for a trem equipped guitar because bone will never be as slippery as the Unobtainium nut. Of course bone has a certain look, but it has its limitations as well. Thanks - Shawn

We used to offer an off-white, synthetic nut, but it has long since been discontinued. Our new formula (with the bronze filings mixed in) is only available in black. A bone nut is not the best option for a trem equipped guitar because bone will never be as slippery as the Unobtainium nut. Of course bone has a certain look, but it has its limitations as well. Thanks - Shawn
Oh wise and calm Yogi!

Is Unobtainium on the periodic table and what is it’s symbol? o_O

They don't. I think that is his issue.

Earlier he was saying that they make a white one but don’t sell it. And he wants one

I was trying to nicely imply that PRS does not make one

Back