So I finally took my pickup covers off, purely playing reasons, I think they sound more raw and open this way.

The issue now is the bridge ring is pretty shallow so the pickup is sticking out and looking ..... not good!

Any ideas where I can find decent rings that will fit a 594

A056-FEAB-56-AB-4-B11-A886-49-C67-DDFB44-B.jpg

48-B82-CFD-A2-DD-418-E-B294-DB6536-FAC1-C8.jpg

48-B82-CFD-A2-DD-418-E-B294-DB6536-FAC1-C8.jpg" alt="48-B82-CFD-A2-DD-418-E-B294-DB6536-FAC1-C8" border="0">

An SC bridge PU ring is usually slanted and taller/thicker, although I seem to note PRS bridge rings are not as thick nor slanted as others I’ve seen. If it’s any consolation, I think your guitar looks badass. Make sure your rings are in the right orientation. Google can show you the way of you need/want to try others.

An SC bridge PU ring is usually slanted and taller/thicker, although I seem to note PRS bridge rings are not as thick nor slanted as others I’ve seen. If it’s any consolation, I think your guitar looks badass. Make sure your rings are in the right orientation. Google can show you the way of you need/want to try others.

I’ll have to look into custom made rings aI think.

Thanks for the compliments

Th
Dayum that’s a good lookin’ guitar!

Thanks man!

I modded her myself, put in a SD Custom shop Neck hum-bucker wound to PAF spec by MJ herself. A custom order Bareknuckle Mule in the bridge.
The wiring is upgraded to 50’s spec too (CTS pots & bee caps) with a push pull in the neck. Slapped on some gold knobs and changed the tuner buttons to Faux bone

Look at the 594 Hollowbody models.. I believe they have the thicker rings... You can probably just get it from PRS or your local dealer. I've been thinking of doing that with my 594...

Any updates on the rings that fitted your SC??

I want to try to find some nice brass rings for my McCarty 594 (and also the pickup selector if they make them) but unsure which ones to buy??

Well after a bit of back & forth on mails with the support team at PRS. I found out that the humbucker ring mounting are standard spec and any USA spec rings should fit.

So I wound up just dropping a pair of vintage historic style rings and they fit just fine.

So anything you can find out there that fits the popular single cut should fit the 594

Don't suppose you have a link to the ones you bought so I can check them out??

I've noticed there's arch and flat bottom ones and different height rings also so little lost as to which ones will fit??

Su
Don't suppose you have a link to the ones you bought so I can check them out??

I've noticed there's arch and flat bottom ones and different height rings also so little lost as to which ones will fit??

Sure man,

Here you go -
https://www.crazyparts.de/mounting-...tic-humbucker-mounting-rings-vintage-bone.php

Be careful, the material is soft. Not very but it will bend if you over screw them into the body.
The softness also ensures they follow the body carve so no need for any shaving shenanigans.

Here's how it looks
EF1-C661-D-92-F6-4297-98-F8-47-FADC862-D0-E.png

Back