594 middle position question

TLVA

On my 594 HBII when in the middle position, rolling either volume pot all the way to 0 cuts signal completely.

Is that standard functionality?

As far as I know EVERY 4 knob guitar ( not just PRS ) does that , all you have to do is crack the volume just a small amount and a new sound will happen.

I’ve been doing that with my SE245, neck volume 3/4 bridge volume 8. Clean rhythm, (neck), crunchy rhythm (middle), lead tone/volume level (bridge).

Especially with the new pickups.

On my 594 HBII when in the middle position, rolling either volume pot all the way to 0 cuts signal completely.

Is that standard functionality?
There was an article in Premier Guitar online, something about wiring a 50's Les Paul, which talked about the pros and cons of changing from passive wiring to active wiring. One of the cons was that rewiring so that the volume pots were disconnected would cause an increase in treble.

Explore the tone in middle position just after rolling back gets you sound and turn up your amp a bit to compensate....

As far as I know EVERY 4 knob guitar ( not just PRS ) does that , all you have to do is crack the volume just a small amount and a new sound will happen.
My Gibson did not do that. Each volume was independent and didn’t adversely affect the other.

Back